DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DjiFly app side-flips wrong side

Fran6co

Reactions
Hi,
A topic of little impact... But quite annoying nonetheless :
The Dji Mavic Mini RC's plug for the smartphone is on its left side, hence the smartphone must be inserted under the RC horizontally, leaning on its right side.
But the DjiFly app automatically flips the screen on its left side when launched, giving you an upside down image !
The smartphone sure has an automatic flip and the image eventually flips back to the right (good) side... But still, it's annoying having to wait for the flipback when you know the left-side flip cannot work. And sometimes the phone flips back to left (wrong) side when held horizontally.
Question :. Is there a way to tell DjiFly to launch on right-side flip ? I've checked both the app' and my phone's parameters (oneplus 5) but didn't find anything.
Thanks

Hi,
A topic of little impact... But quite annoying nonetheless :
The Dji Mavic Mini RC's plug for the smartphone is on its left side, hence the smartphone must be inserted under the RC horizontally, leaning on its right side.
But the DjiFly app automatically flips the screen on its left side when launched, giving you an upside down image !
The smartphone sure has an automatic flip and the image eventually flips back to the right (good) side... But still, it's annoying having to wait for the flipback when you know the left-side flip cannot work. And sometimes the phone flips back to left (wrong) side when held horizontally.
Question :. Is there a way to tell DjiFly to launch on right-side flip ? I've checked both the app' and my phone's parameters (oneplus 5) but didn't find anything.
Thanks
As near as I can tell from what your asking there is no setting as far as the app nor is there any need to be. Also as your about the only one with this issue I would say it is in your hardware. Boot your phone upright, then turn your remote to normal orientation. A bit of a pain I guess, but a pretty simple operation for start up. Screen rotation should be near instant and automatic if your phones sensors are operating normal. To check your phone. Slowly rotate in in the vertical plane. Observe how long it takes to keep up with the rotation. Note that the more you have your phone angled flat or parallel with ground screen rotation is going to suffer. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fran6co
Thanks for your fast answers.
When I launch DjiFly with phone help upright, the screen automatically flips clockwise (left side becomes bottom). Is this what you meant Repaid1 ?
Maybe my 1st question should have been : does anyone experience this wrong-side tilt too ?

Yes, always been like this, just need to hold the phone clearly in the right orientation (bring the remote "antennas up") for a second.

Reactions: Fran6co
I do the following in sequence: 1) put phone on cradle (phone is off); 2) turn on drone; 3) turn on controller; 4) turn on phone. The Fly App connects automatically and always in the correct orientation.

So far, I have not encountered that problem in an iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 plus, Samsung A51 5G and Oppo A9 2020 so maybe the issue here is phone specific ?

Tried your drill, Icecoldgin... Still doesn't work for me.
Kilrah, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one.
Guess I'll just have to wait for the automatic flipping each time...

Had the same happen to me flipping around.
I left it settle in a bit, turned phone off the n rebooted phone and the screen righted itself........wheeeew. ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke