DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJIGO4 & Samsung Tab S2

Ken K

Reactions
Has anyone tried DJIGO4 on a Samsung Tab S2?
I've seem a chart that doesn't indicate it works but I don't know if that's due to a test result or because nobody has reported that it does work.

I haven't personally tested it on my S2, although I intend to try it out this weekend to verify my findings. From what I have read, for some people it barely worked; for the rest, it didn't work at all. Personally, I only intend to try it out to verify what people are saying, as I tend to lean towards "trust, but verify" side of things. So, I will test it utilizing as many safeguards as possible, as to not damage my drone. On a side note, I will also be testing out my Samsung 10.1 Tablet, my Samsung Galaxy S8 and my wife's IPhone 7. Note, I will be trying all this on a M2Z.

i have a s-2 8" and it has a glitch in the usb system. it is workable but not plug and play. samsung didnt give a wet slap about the problem and has no interest in fixing it. they figure you should buy a new one. want to see a pic of my new lg washer and dryer! yes it works but it has issues. this video describes the issue and work around

Has anyone tried DJIGO4 on a Samsung Tab S2?
I've seen a chart that doesn't indicate it works...
Devices come and go from DJI's "approved" list. Even if on the list they may no longer work with the latest Go 4 update until that is fixed by yet another update. Since the app is free and you will not hurt the Mavic by using it, download it and give it a try. It should be apparent if it is going to work before you even take off. If something goes completely crazy you just unplug your tablet and bring it back with the RC.

I have been using as S2 for a few months now. I love the tab. Good bat life, great screen. Only one thing is initial start up the app won't go into 'go fly' mode. You have to restart the tab and it works fine. It doesn't bother me, it might if I have to do a super fast launch, but that hasn't happened and for the price it's just fine with me. The restart probably takes 20 - 30 secs. If you do a fast bat change, the app stays open. Bolton

My S2 works well with an older version of the software and my Phantom 4 Pro.

However, it will NOT work at all with any Go4 from v4.3 so it doesn't work for Mavic 2 Pro. The software won't even open. Litchi works well though, so the problem is just DJI's slack programming.

Shame, DJI, Shame

Reactions: kissmybrass
My S2 works well with an older version of the software and my Phantom 4 Pro.

However, it will NOT work at all with any Go4 from v4.3 so it doesn't work for Mavic 2 Pro. The software won't even open. Litchi works well though, so the problem is just DJI's slack programming.

Shame, DJI, Shame

Strangely enough, I tried DJI Go4 v4.3.4 and it WORKS on my S2 tablet. The previous version said it was incompatible. Go figure...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661