DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI's Mini 2 Receives First Firmware Upgrade of 2021 (V01.02.0100)

The General

Reactions
I just noticed that there's yet another firmware update today, so sharing it here.

707a018f60299350d663871b848d03f5.jpg

It doesn't look like it's anything new from the one a few days ago. I'll wait a bit before biting, as I had a wonderful day out with this drone yesterday, so in no rush to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm new here on this forum, and also a new drone owner, so decided to sign up here, as half the questions I was Googling sent me here anyways.

I was surprised getting a new update this fast again, i will wait a little as well!

Reactions: The General
im getting firmware error aircraft firmware module error 30224, brand new mini 2 just updated and wont take off,

all version show its up to date

Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0100
Remote Controller firmware v02.00.1200
DJIFly App Android: v1.2.2

im getting firmware error aircraft firmware module error 30224, brand new mini 2 just updated and wont take off,

all version show its up to date

Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0100
Remote Controller firmware v02.00.1200
DJIFly App Android: v1.2.2
Did you try to plug into assistant and do a firmware refresh with at least one battery?

Wow, 2.7k/60, just what i use all the time on my Air for smoooth flying :)
Anybody can share some original sample in this format?
thx dji

I am now two (?) updates behind. Not sure about updating my Mini 2 yet since I have had zero problems with how it flies, photo, or video quality.
Not being rude to your post but using it to raise my query:
I don’t understand anyone’s reluctance to update, it’s almost as though it’s technically fashionable or some sort of advanced knowledge that updates are questionable!
We all (most) race to get the latest drone so why hesitant to keep it at the latest level. Eg now you get zoom on pics as well as video, no update=no zoom!
I DO know some occasionally have issues but those are rare indeed.
Thoughts?

I don’t understand anyone’s reluctance to update, it’s almost as though it’s technically fashionable or some sort of advanced knowledge that updates are questionable!
We all (most) race to get the latest drone so why hesitant to keep it at the latest level. Eg now you get zoom on pics as well as video, no update=no zoom!
Thoughts?
Because many times you break what wasn’t broken to begin with. Just because you can doesn’t always mean you should.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thoughts?
Here is how I think about it.
A lot of people don't understand what is actually behind an update to aircraft. An update will fix the previous bug. But will also introduce a new bug when new function is also introduced. It is an endless process. Bugs always win. Just like the survivablity of a virus. You developed a vaccine. It mutates to overcome it and a new version of virus comes in.
For aircraft, stabiliy is everything. Not functionality.
But most consumers are not wise enough to understand the logic behinds this. They think an update is a "delight" or "good" thing when it is actually a very wrong concept.The only right thing to do as a true pilot is when you find out the release is stable enough. Such as people have 50 plus flights with no crashes and time has proven its stablity then upgrade. Your drone should fixiate on that firmware/app release forever unless the next update is a need-to-do basis.

I will update esp since it was released so quickly after the last one as the previous one has to be buggy

Did you try to plug into assistant and do a firmware refresh with at least one battery?
I have this error. Very frustrating as my Mini 2 is brand new and unflown because of this problem. I'm talking to DJI about a fix, but it looks like I will be packing the whole thing up and returning it for repair or replacement.

Because many times you break what wasn’t broken to begin with. Just because you can doesn’t always mean you should.
Well that’s about the best NONE answer I’ve ever heard!

of course something does not need to broken to be worth improving. Broken suggests not working, in which fix the effing thing, update improves upon what it was already doing but makes it even better!

Here is how I think about it.
A lot of people don't understand what is actually behind an update to aircraft. An update will fix the previous bug. But will also introduce a new bug when new function is also introduced. It is an endless process. Bugs always win. Just like the survivablity of a virus. You developed a vaccine. It mutates to overcome it and a new version of virus comes in.
For aircraft, stabiliy is everything. Not functionality.
But most consumers are not wise enough to understand the logic behinds this. They think an update is a "delight" or "good" thing when it is actually a very wrong concept.The only right thing to do as a true pilot is when you find out the release is stable enough. Such as people have 50 plus flights with no crashes and time has proven its stablity then upgrade. Your drone should fixiate on that firmware/app release forever unless the next update is a need-to-do basis.
Could not possibly disagree with this, as long as any new features are either not wanted or stay unknown because of not updating, user choice rules, it’s the FEAR of updating that I find bizarre.

Reactions: DanMan32
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin.macdonald