DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI's Mini 2 Receives First Firmware Upgrade of 2021 (V01.02.0100)

I have this error. Very frustrating as my Mini 2 is brand new and unflown because of this problem. I'm talking to DJI about a fix, but it looks like I will be packing the whole thing up and returning it for repair or replacement.
I would return it to the retailer and replace, there is currently a stop or slowdown on UK returns to DJI Europe.

it seems to fix the orientation of the drone
If you're talking about the new attitude indicator, the location of the RC comes explicitly from the mobile device and interpreted by the app. AC data isn't a factor. If it were, the AC would crash. A 90 degree error in AC orientation would be a disaster with flight control.

I just noticed that there's yet another firmware update today, so sharing it here.

707a018f60299350d663871b848d03f5.jpg

It doesn't look like it's anything new from the one a few days ago. I'll wait a bit before biting, as I had a wonderful day out with this drone yesterday, so in no rush to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm new here on this forum, and also a new drone owner, so decided to sign up here, as half the questions I was Googling sent me here anyways.
I installed it right away when it came out and it appears rock solid on my mini. There are a large number of reviews online right now (Youtube) that do through the firmware update. Take a look at those if you are unsure about installing the firmware update.

I have put off updating because I was afraid I would lose the ability to see where the ac is relative to me and which way it is pointing so I could turn it to bring it home. Can someone explain how I can do that with the update which removed the little pointer at center bottom. Mini2 flyer.

Well I updated the firmware, all seem to go well other than this strange error after it completed. Haven’t flown yet due to the wind yesterday and today looks like it will rain.

Attachments

• F6D7759D-1423-406A-A5D1-99A2064E3B4F.jpeg
    F6D7759D-1423-406A-A5D1-99A2064E3B4F.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 75
Just as a matter of info, I updated and everything is fine. My mini 2 has always been rock solid in flight and hover, so any changes in this latest update are unnoticed by me.

I have put off updating because I was afraid I would lose the ability to see where the ac is relative to me and which way it is pointing so I could turn it to bring it home. Can someone explain how I can do that with the update which removed the little pointer at center bottom. Mini2 flyer.
Look for topics and YT regarding the new Attitude indicator. As for YT, try to stay with those regarding Fly. Go has always had the attitude indicator but the center is home point and AC revolves around it.

I have this error. Very frustrating as my Mini 2 is brand new and unflown because of this problem. I'm talking to DJI about a fix, but it looks like I will be packing the whole thing up and returning it for repair or replacement.
They said to me going to send a beta firmware still waiting on email,

Not being rude to your post but using it to raise my query:
I don’t understand anyone’s reluctance to update, it’s almost as though it’s technically fashionable or some sort of advanced knowledge that updates are questionable!
We all (most) race to get the latest drone so why hesitant to keep it at the latest level. Eg now you get zoom on pics as well as video, no update=no zoom!
I DO know some occasionally have issues but those are rare indeed.
Thoughts?

Those of us that have been with DJI for awhile kind of know what has happened in the Past , where updates have caused Fly Always, places you could fly , you can no longer, updates that never go thru and brick your drone, or at least take hours to complete after trying dozens of times which can be very frustrating.

If you have the Air 2 and the Smart Controller , you will know the kind of Pain and effort needed to get that update to pull through as i made a victory video for that update and the hours of struggle to get there.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

Last edited:

I use the small map and the blue line to tell me the straight line to home.

The new compass feature shows the direction of home relative to the AC

I just noticed that there's yet another firmware update today, so sharing it here.

It doesn't look like it's anything new from the one a few days ago. I'll wait a bit before biting, as I had a wonderful day out with this drone yesterday, so in no rush to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm new here on this forum, and also a new drone owner, so decided to sign up here, as half the questions I was Googling sent me here anyways.
I got my first drone ever, Mini 2 on Wed. Charged it up, connected everything yesterday, Saturday, prompted me to update everything which I did, using a Samsung S10+. Had my maiden flight after doing compass calibration. Flew, came back and landed and it prompted for the for the I?? Calibration which I did. I took off and landed manually several times. Flew in 32 F weather off of lake ice. Total of 16 minutes of flying time. No crashes. Took pictures and video. This drone is very quiet, I'm totally impressed, rock solid performance.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

I've just downloaded the latest Android FLY app from the DJI website.

I then did two flights, the first partially synched with airdata, the second not at all.

When I go into the profile on the app, it shows 0 drones, 0 hours and will not syncronise.

I have had to uninstall it, and reinstall the older version from google play store.

Can't find info about "Improve overall stability" on the web compared with ver. 01.02.0000
Is this a fake update used to lock future software hacks ?

I've just downloaded the latest Android FLY app from the DJI website.

I then did two flights, the first partially synched with airdata, the second not at all.

When I go into the profile on the app, it shows 0 drones, 0 hours and will not syncronise.

I have had to uninstall it, and reinstall the older version from google play store.
Same issue with latest Fly. Although i didn't uninstall the the app. Let's say in 5 attempts to open the app i have 1 that its actually shows the flights... Weird for sure..

did you get any update? they said were gonna send me beta firmware? however decided to package it up and send it back.

did you get any update? they said were gonna send me beta firmware? however decided to package it up and send it back.
They said to me going to send a beta firmware still waiting on email,
hi, this beta software is interesting, would be interested to know the version level when you get it.

Wow, 2.7k/60, just what i use all the time on my Air for smoooth flying :)
Anybody can share some original sample in this format?
thx dji
Anyone else update but not get the extra options when shooting in 2.7k?

Anyone else update but not get the extra options when shooting in 2.7k?
2.7k and 48/50/60fps is related to V01.02.0000, not with the latest update
Anyway I'll take a look ASAP

Attachments

• IMG_20210105_170348.jpg
    IMG_20210105_170348.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members