DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do all DJI broadcast their position, speed and direction locally?

This makes me wonder, if this sort of thing exists, how come Heathrow airport was shut down for hours because of drones flying around.
1) If I remember well this was before this became available, but also Aeroscope is only for DJI aircraft. Hence the current talk about Remote ID to make something common to all manufacturers instead of multiple proprietary things.
2) Still takes time to actually dispatch someone to the location so the operations would still be stopped until then.

1) If I remember well this was before this became available, but also Aeroscope is only for DJI aircraft. Hence the current talk about Remote ID to make something common to all manufacturers instead of multiple proprietary things.
AeroScope was around when the Heathrow scam was perpetrated. The airport even ended up with one after the fact.

To this day, there is zero evidence there was ever a drone. It was a monumental cluster and a total waste of time and resources. This should be used as a case study in how NOT to handle a suspected drone sighting.
2) Still takes time to actually dispatch someone to the location so the operations would still be stopped until then.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake