DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do ANY of the DJI drones (above the level of Mavic Air) have waypoint flight plan capability?

Wade Gizzy

Reactions
I had it on a Bebop 2 and really liked it! (not so much the Bebop 2).

Kind of hard to imagine DJI not having it!

The drones do have the capability, but the Go4 app has not offered anything in the way of waypoints other than flying to a point manually and then recording it. There are several flight apps that offer actual waypoint planning pre-flight, though. Litchi is the most popular and many of us use it as a regular fpv flight app instead of Go4.

Yes, they do, I use Litchi for all my waypoint flights.

AutoPilot may be the most powerful of the 3rd party apps particularly for waypoints. Bezier curves, Real time adjustments to patch and focal point of interest. It's very powerful with a lot of control points, but it's also a bit of a learning curve. I've been meaning to take time to learn Autopilot's various functions in a simpler/safer setting than I typically fly in... like no trees, water, cliffs, people or from my kayak in the middle of the Potomac River.

So I download the litchi app and use it as the "total app" to run the drone? It is not loaded into the Go 4 app?

So I download the litchi app and use it as the "total app" to run the drone? It is not loaded into the Go 4 app?
Yes, standalone app. Design your missions on litchis flight hub web page and sync to your device.
DJI pilot doesn't seem to allow negative height waypoints where litchi goes to -200m. Also litchi shows the height of each waypoint on the map display making easy to spot errors.

Drone Harmony is the solution for Android when it comes to smooth flight paths & automated flying IMHO

Since waypoints isn't available on the Go app when used with M2, does Litchi work with M2? If so, is Litchi itself flying or does it upload the flight plan and M2 flies it? If latter, there's no excuse for DJI not providing it in their app.

Since waypoints isn't available on the Go app when used with M2, does Litchi work with M2? If so, is Litchi itself flying or does it upload the flight plan and M2 flies it? If latter, there's no excuse for DJI not providing it in their app.
DJI pilot says it supports the M2E and I'll be trying it on my M2P soon.

Waypoints are uploaded to the AC. With DJI pilot if you lose connection the mission stops but with Litchi you can have it continue to the last waypoint, battery permitting.

Litchi does support the M2.

Last edited:
If Litchi waypoint flights continue on an M2Z/P with lost connection, then the firmware on the AC has to support it. In that case DJI jipped us by disabling waypoints in the Go app. After all, same app supports waypoints on other Mavic models.

On my first ever waypoint flight plan on my Bebop 2, I wasn't cognisant about the "line of sight" issue. Anyway I sent my drone on its way, and I lost visual connection. I thought I lost it! Then about 10-12 minutes later it came back and landed from where it took off from with the recording of the flight plan as entered into the drone.

But I never understood whether the info was from the controller and tablet, or whether it was in the drone.

There were a ton of concepts that were not explained, so mostly I did trial and error under controlled conditions to learn to fly it.

I didn't like the lack of an SDS card on the Bebop 2.

I had several close calls, so object avoidance would have been nice.

I didn't like not having basic info on controller.

I really didn't like the Bebop 2. The things I didn't like about it seem to be also present in the DJI line, ie: losing connection when in flight. Also MOSTLY the instructions were absolute CRAP.

So.......... if I am interested in Waypoint flight plans my best bet would be the Litche product?

On my first ever waypoint flight plan on my Bebop 2, I wasn't cognisant about the "line of sight" issue. Anyway I sent my drone on its way, and I lost visual connection. I thought I lost it! Then about 10-12 minutes later it came back and landed from where it took off from with the recording of the flight plan as entered into the drone.

But I never understood whether the info was from the controller and tablet, or whether it was in the drone.

There were a ton of concepts that were not explained, so mostly I did trial and error under controlled conditions to learn to fly it.

I didn't like the lack of an SDS card on the Bebop 2.

I had several close calls, so object avoidance would have been nice.

I didn't like not having basic info on controller.

I really didn't like the Bebop 2. The things I didn't like about it seem to be also present in the DJI line, ie: losing connection when in flight. Also MOSTLY the instructions were absolute CRAP.

So.......... if I am interested in Waypoint flight plans my best bet would be the Litche product?
Yes I use Litchi for all my waypoint missions even Hyperlapses. I like setting up my hyperlapses instead of using the one built into DJI GO 4 for the Mavic 2 Pro. Here is a tutorial I did on the method I use for setting them up in Litchi.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: lolo780
If Litchi waypoint flights continue on an M2Z/P with lost connection, then the firmware on the AC has to support it. In that case DJI jipped us by disabling waypoints in the Go app. After all, same app supports waypoints on other Mavic models.
It's possible DJI wants to promote their Pilot app. I've flown a few waypoint flights with one of my M1 Platinums and so far so good.

Give it a try.

Reactions: Stockmanager
It's possible DJI wants to promote their Pilot app. I've flown a few waypoint flights with one of my M1 Platinums and so far so good.

Give it a try.
So.................... this Pilot App is a DJI alternative to the go 4 App?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lorenzoborghi_