DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do DJI Drones Warn You If the Motors are Under Too Much Stress? Like when carrying a payload.

I burnt out the ESC board on my Air 2 s by mounting a led work light on it. Got no warnings , left hand motors stopped mid flight .
Now that's interesting. No warning. That's what worries me about carrying payloads. Even though the drone can initially carry the weight, there may be no warning before a malfunction is about to occur. And, the longer the flight, the higher the risk.

I use heavy spot lights (relative to the drone) for night flying, an extra camera like a gopro, or an extra flight battery mod. I never carry any at the same time. The battery mod worries me the most. I'm carrying a payload and flying even longer. This is a recipe for disaster. I'm going to table the battery mod for a while. Or use one with half the weight of my current one. The current one weighs 240 grams. That's about 8 oz !. That's too much for an Air 2 I would say. My "heavy night spot light only weighs 5 oz. But that shortens the flight time, so it's safer. A battery mod makes the current, temps and flight times higher instead of shorter. DJI probably has a good reason for not making the flight time longer by increasing the Mah and weight of their batteries.

Now that's interesting. No warning. That's what worries me about carrying payloads. Even though the drone can initially carry the weight, there may be no warning before a malfunction is about to occur. And, the longer the flight, the higher the risk.

I use heavy spot lights (relative to the drone) for night flying, an extra camera like a gopro, or an extra flight battery mod. I never carry any at the same time. The battery mod worries me the most. I'm carrying a payload and flying even longer. This is a recipe for disaster. I'm going to table the battery mod for a while. Or use one with half the weight of my current one. The current one weighs 240 grams. That's about 8 oz !. That's too much for an Air 2 I would say. My "heavy night spot light only weighs 5 oz. But that shortens the flight time, so it's safer. A battery mod makes the current, temps and flight times higher instead of shorter. DJI probably has a good reason for not making the flight time longer by increasing the Mah and weight of their batteries.
What kind of output does that light give out ? I've tired loads of products and cant get anything that suits my needs . Saying that lighting up a railway tunnel is a big ask.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost