DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I need a N64 filter?

Dopper

Reactions
I purchased a CP, N8, N16 and a N32 filter. I find that on sunny days I use the N16 but almost always using the N32 to get my shudder speed to 1/60. My question is...I live in a snowy state and plan to do a minimal amount of flying this winter. Should I purchase a N64 as well? It seems the snowy white out conditions may require it. What do you camera experts think?

Reactions: RMyers
On the Mavic Pro you may very well need it, as the MP has a fixed f2.2 aperature, with the M2P you can close down the aperture a bit to help on really sunny days.

Reactions: Thomas B
ND8, 16 and 32 should be fine unless you also get the Polarized versions for high glare situations?

I purchased a CP, N8, N16 and a N32 filter. I find that on sunny days I use the N16 but almost always using the N32 to get my shudder speed to 1/60. My question is...I live in a snowy state and plan to do a minimal amount of flying this winter. Should I purchase a N64 as well? It seems the snowy white out conditions may require it. What do you camera experts think?
I live in the snowy mountains and you can get away without one but you can certainly use one too.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have yet to need one over 32 and I have even flown in winter conditions with lots of snow down.

The more options, the better.
I film sprinklers on center pivot irrigation machines and I use the N64 and N32 filter to reduce the reverse strobing effect that normally happens when the shutter speed is too fast on the spinning sprinkler streams.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone