DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I need a new arm?

result so far guys, I did not fancy doing the soldering as it was close to the board and I am no expert at soldering so I contacted DJI and they were in the process of arranging a repair paperwork which would take 10-15 days to decide what it would cost, when a mate of mine said why not contact Elk Robotics here in Fremantle, so on the phone I get had a talk with them and they said they had the part in stock and their tech was in the shop on Tuesday, so off I go to Fremantle half hour drive away from home tomorrow, and Elk tell me it will be done on Tuesday, keeping my fingers crossed on that one, will come back here and share the final result.

Thanks to all you guys for your help.

OK, you probably did the right choice!
Yes , I was scaried too when I was trying to solder those wires so close from the board, but solders are pretty big, and you can easily melt it and get the wires out and in without burning the card...

However, you did the right choice because Elk will probably keeps your mavic's warranty after doin the operation ...
If there were a shop with repair services near my home, I would have make them fix it... ;)

OK, you probably did the right choice!
Yes , I was scaried too when I was trying to solder those wires so close from the board, but solders are pretty big, and you can easily melt it and get the wires out and in without burning the card...

However, you did the right choice because Elk will probably keeps your mavic's warranty after doin the operation ...
If there were a shop with repair services near my home, I would have make them fix it... ;)

Hi Jason38, Elk Robotics are a DJI agent so I thought all would be good with them, but warranty is not longer, I did replace the gimbal plate sometime ago so have already opened the Mavic but I did decide that this job was out of my expertise to tackle.

Reactions: jason38
Final result guys, Mavic back home and repaired, test flight OK, left rear arm replaced by Elk Robotics in Fremantle WA for $148 and only one day to repair very good service.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat