DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I need to register my mini

I registered my mavic mini 6 months ago even though I didn't need to cos I wanted to anyway. Now that has been sold and I now have a mini 2 ...... do I keep the old flyer id and operater id Or do I need to re do the test for my new mini 2 ?

even though they are the same dimensions physically.... legally they are different serial numbers on the drone getting registered???
You keep the same flyer and operator ID numbers. They are completely independent of the drone(s) you have and 'belong' to you.

When you do the test you don't specify what drone you're going to fly so changing drones doesn't invalidate the test or ID numbers.

Reactions: colcol5411
You keep the same flyer and operator ID numbers. They are completely independent of the drone(s) you have and 'belong' to you.

When you do the test you don't specify what drone you're going to fly so changing drones doesn't invalidate the test or ID numbers.
Thank you.... I couldn't remember when I took test and registered if I specified the drone type had at the time.... ? .... I can relax and have peace of mind now....... look forward to when the rules change on new years night and be able to fly locally legally and get some fireworks ? footage ?

Reactions: scro
Colcol5411
Your operator ID goes on all your drones.
Your flier ID identifies you to the CAA. So no retest required. Just put your OP number on both your drones.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone