DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do me a quick favor?

MichaelDiggs

Reactions
I received my Mavic Pro 2 back from service a second time. This time it looks they replaced the entire drone, but I did notice sometihing different with my remote. If several people would take our their remotes and open up your antenna's let me know if you see a silver wire going through the bottom into the antenna itself. My last remote that I had, had these wires installed. Now they are not there. I'm just wondering why the heck when I got it back from the first repair these wires were present and now they are not.
Here is a picture of the exact area where you take a peek to see if you have these wires or not.

Attachments

• wires.jpg
    wires.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 304
My Mavic Pro controller shows black wires, you better have wires or how will the antenna work ?

It appears to be the same on the Mavic Pro [1] controller (black on mine) ... You are not actually looking at the wires, but at a woven mesh (probably nylon) sleeve that the antenna 'wire' will go through. It's designed to keep the wire 'safe' and without sharp kinks - in an area where it's being flexed all the time.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Pro 2. Gray insulation with wire inside.
Wire color will match color of controller.
White mp controller has white insulation.

What the heck, did DJI service forget to reinstall my antenna leads back into the controller???? I can even see the small hole where the wire is suppose to come out of. No wonder why I get video transmission problems. Sub-par service forgetting to put things back together. Could they really have forgotten to put the antenna back? This is crazy. Previously before I sent the drone in for the second time I did notice a silver wire or sheath going up from the bottom, but now its mysteriously gone. Amazing.

Did you use a flashlight to check? They are somewhat hard to see at times because they are the same color. The wire ends in the antenna case as a small circuit board and would be a little shocking to me also if it got missed.

Well, go fool me! Last time ( before it went in for service ) the wire sheathing was bright gray and easily seen against the darker gray. This time the color of the sheathing is almost identical to the to the plastics, so it was hard to see. This may even be a new remote for all I know since DJI couldn't figure out the problem. Any hoo, yea there is a wire there, much thinner then the previous one and of a different color. I should of put on my glasses like a good little boy.

Attachments

• antennalead.jpg
    antennalead.jpg
    949.1 KB · Views: 152
Check the serial number to find when it was made. Go to App Store and search “D-Serial”

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d