DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do NOT buy from DJI Store direct until you read the return policy !

I agree, even if normal policy is only 14 days, DJI should allow for gift season, especially when pushing sales during black Friday. At least provide exception if not activated and in saleable condition, or at least unopened.

Perhaps you can sell it close to what you paid, particularly if still sealed.

Thanks Dan - You have a point I did not even consider which is activation. They know that the unit has not been activated which means it has not been flown. Also still being wrapped means it is in factory condition. I would even be ok with a DJI credit as my Osmo will eat most of it up.

Hey guys. Just throwing my two cents in here as this exact same thing has now happened to me. I think what he was trying to say is to warn people to become educated on their policy before purchasing directly from DJI. As for him not buying again from DJI, I can completely understand and agree as I also will not buy directly from them again. I have purchased 4 quadcopters from DJI direct including three of them this holiday season. Two of the three I purchased were gifts for my two sons. Yesterday (Christmas Day) when my son unwrapped the gift, I learned that he already owned the exact same one. The Spark Fly More package is completely unopened and factory sealed but because it was purchased more than 14 days ago (Black Friday) I am stuck with it. As for the gentlemen not knowing the return policy, I can relate to that as well as it is not obvious at the time of checkout. I can tell you all without any uncertainty that had I known that the item would not be returnable the day after Christmas, I would have never purchased it. Now before anyone bashes me for this, I am simply stating my opinion and my personal reason why I would not purchase directly again.

Reactions: TR Ganey
DJI is a manufacturer of drones and not primarily a retailer. If you want to have the best guarantee that you'll receive the latest and greatest, then order from DJI. If you buy from somebody else, like a seller on ebay, or Amazon, you may end up getting a product that's six months old or older, even though it's in the original box and is unused. If they have a liberal return policy and allow a customer to return an unopened item that has been sitting around for months, then somebody else will get stuck with the old product.
DJI must protect their reputation, so it seems very reasonable that they should discourage customers from returning stuff that has been sitting around.
Do you think that a product shipped at the beginning of it's life-cycle is equivalent to the same product shipped by a manufacturer a year later? No! Manufacturers may implement minor enhancements, reliability improvements or cost reductions at any time. The products may be equivalent from the outside, but internally there are differences.
If all you care about is cost and convenience, then buy from a mass-retailer. If you want the most up-to-date product, go directly to DJI.

DJI is a manufacturer of drones and not primarily a retailer. If you want to have the best guarantee that you'll receive the latest and greatest, then order from DJI. If you buy from somebody else, like a seller on ebay, or Amazon, you may end up getting a product that's six months old or older, even though it's in the original box and is unused. If they have a liberal return policy and allow a customer to return an unopened item that has been sitting around for months, then somebody else will get stuck with the old product.
DJI must protect their reputation, so it seems very reasonable that they should discourage customers from returning stuff that has been sitting around.
Do you think that a product shipped at the beginning of it's life-cycle is equivalent to the same product shipped by a manufacturer a year later? No! Manufacturers may implement minor enhancements, reliability improvements or cost reductions at any time. The products may be equivalent from the outside, but internally there are differences.
If all you care about is cost and convenience, then buy from a mass-retailer. If you want the most up-to-date product, go directly to DJI.
spoken like a true salesman (from DJI)

I had a great experience buying from Drone World. And the deal was great too.
I can't remember ever having to return anything I have ever purchased, unless it was a warranty issue.

A data point. I just bought something from Best Buy in California and on the receipt it says they have a 15 day return policy.

Usually though retailers extend their return policy period during this time of the year, especially if the product wasn't opened.

spoken like a true salesman (from DJI)
Good grief. I have no connection to DJI other than owning a Mavic Air. And oh by the way, I bought mine on ebay, not directly from DJI. The OP was bashing DJI for their return policy, so a little perspective from the manufacturers side was in order.

Good grief. I have no connection to DJI other than owning a Mavic Air. And oh by the way, I bought mine on ebay, not directly from DJI. The OP was Keep in mind bashing DJI for their return policy, so a little perspective from the manufacturers side was in order.

Keep in mind the OP was not trying to return a loaf of bread. Most of these models are at least a year old and will not mold in a little over 15 days.

Caveat Emptor.

1515189534_239_the-haunted-librarian-shines-the-light-on-parascammers.gif

Caveat Emptor indeed

This is why I'm so hesitant to post because you can easily get bashed here.

I don't see anything in the OP's post blaming DJI. What he said was "Don't buy from DJI!". Maybe because you can get a better return policy from others?

Oh and the OP admitted to making a mistake not reading the fine print. Geez.... chill!

I hear you...tough crowd at times...PASSION

I also do not buy direct from DJI, but mainly because of their poor customer service. While they have been improving, they still have a ways to go.

And regarding return policies, read all the fine print and watch out for a "restocking fee" or store credit only policy.

Keep in mind the OP was not trying to return a loaf of bread. Most of these models are at least a year old and will not mold in a little over 15 days.
No, but the battery can age if on the shelf too long. At least it ships at storage SoC and in hibernation mode.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev