DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do Not Buy this POS Sunshade

Can you remember about how much you had to trim off? Maybe I'll try that before I toss it.

I like it mainly for a bit of gimbal protection. Like many others, I just trimmed a little off the top lip and it does just fine.

Reactions: k3vnnyork
Presumably the issue is more when taking videos than if taking stills in tripod mode?

Yes, it happens when the drone is in motion. But it doesnt have to be video. Even when trying to get a still shot, if I turned the drone too fast...it used to get in the frame. Not necessarily in the shot.

Presumably the issue is more when taking videos than if taking stills in tripod mode?

Reactions: FlyPemby
[QUOTE = "MrMavic, poste: 213476, membre: 11349"] Il arrive à la caméra voir beaucoup, surtout quand il fait du vent, ou quand il faut voler un peu plus vite. Cela a ruiné beaucoup de mes vidéos. Je suis ouvert aux suggestions pour ceux qui fonctionnent réellement.

[ATTACH = plein] 14467 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
Moi j'ai découpé 8mm de plastique et ça fonctionne. C'est dommage de faire confiance à un fabriquant qui ne sait pas ce qu'il fabrique.....

I get a lot of lens flair and hoped it would help. I think it was $2 or something so no major loss if its junk - havnt tried it yet (storms).

Where did you need trim off?

From the product description on Amazon: "Please note: The sides will come into view when you quickly yaw/pitch or in sports mode, no vignetting when tilting 0-90° / roll angle 0+-18°."

I agree

QUOTE="MrMavic, post: 213476, member: 11349"]It comes into camera view a lot, especially when it's windy, or when you need to fly a little faster. It has ruined a lot of my videos. I'm open to suggestions for one that actually works.

View attachment 14467[/QUOTE]

I trimmed the top a little bit and that did seem to help on the top side, but I noticed pointed down now in wind or with quick movements, the bottom lip and sides still come into frame. By the time I get done grinding, there won't be much left.... LOL

I bought one of these and trimmed it out more and it still gives some added gimbal protection and rarely gets in the shot. Usually only forward in sport mode at full speed. I haven't had it on with the Goggles yet and I'm thinking it will be more of an issue in head tracking mode.

I have trimmed mine down about 1/8 inch. I use it more as a gimbal protector than sunshade and also for transportation with the silicone cover attached.

I have trimmed mine down about 1/8 inch. I use it more as a gimbal protector than sunshade and also for transportation with the silicone cover attached.

Same here, it is not a sunshade once you trim off what you have to to keep it out of your shots. I like it for gimbal protection only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections