DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do the MA2 Batteres Require Updates ?

DCM-PA

Reactions
HI All,
Hey, has anyone seen a red warning in the upper left corner of the Fly app about updating the batteries? Do the batteries on the MA2 even require periodic firmware updating?
I believe saw a message at one point on my first fly day with one of the included batteries but the message did not linger and didn't show for the other two batteries. Since, I've not seen a thing.

Considering the hub charge issue, makes sense the battery firmware would need updating.

It's a good idea after a full firmware update to then power up with all the other batteries as the update may have a battery update.
Then again I have seen battery firmware update requests show up a flight or two later.

Batteries usually prompt you to update and match the current firmware of the aircraft. On my new MA2 I completed firmware updates, and charged the 3 batteries, then powered up with each battery to complete the battery firmware updates when prompted.
I don't think I've ever been prompted to update any of my batteries.

I have been prompted once in two years for my Spark batteries.

I don't think I've ever been prompted to update any of my batteries.

I don't know, I was prompted to update my mavic mini batteries when I updated firmware also.

It is normally shown at the main screen of the app with a small notification, before you select the go fly button.

Got my flymore combo today did the firmware update on the bird and remembering how my orig mavic pro was once it updated with the first battery I shut it down and put the other battery in and it said there was a battery update. Did the same with the third and all good. I did charge the batteries separately like everyone has said before you use the multi charger. I’m going to head out to the desert tomorrow to she how she does

Reactions: Wild Wayne
The Fly app can be set to go directly to the Go Fly screen if the AC/RC is connected. That could cause one to miss the firmware prompt that would appear on the main page.

The Fly app can be set to go directly to the Go Fly screen if the AC/RC is connected. That could cause one to miss the firmware prompt that would appear on the main page.
Mine is doing that, I don’t recall changing a setting. Do you know where the setting is? Looked and I couldn’t find it. Thanks!

Yes batteries on the MA2 and my Mini both prompted me to update their firmware upon first use. Updating firmware is almost always a good thing, especially with DJI, keep everything up to date!

Reactions: Wild Wayne
I have had periodic update warnings on P3, P4, and Air over the years. Did tbem all with no problems

Ok, good. So if I understand what happened, it went something like this when the new bird... MA2... arrived ?
  • New bird arrived and each battery activated/charged individually.
  • DJI Fly installed on phone and the drone got fired up and activated.
  • New bird and controller firmware, databases and software updates all completed.
  • Bird goes flying, all 3 batteries get used and battery firmware update notice is displayed. Then ...
  • With each 1st use of each battery they get updated automatically by the bird/controller ???

I received a message to update one battery so far out of the three, wondering why the others didn’t need updating

Reactions: DCM-PA
yea same here. only one of the 3 batteries required an update. Never had that for my Mini. Perhaps some of the batteries that came had the update from the factory already.

I received a message to update one battery so far out of the three, wondering why the others didn’t need updating
I think that was the same for me too.... maybe. It didn't interfere with the flying so I thought, I'll deal with it later. Thing is, that was the only time so far...

I had an experience today with the battery needing update but I ignored it. I then got an altitude limit of just 30m, the aircraft couldn’t fly above and the altitude reading flashed red at 30m with height limit warning reached. I thought I must have had the beginners mode or something so I landed, and having not found the caused I just update the battery firmware. After that I flew again without altitude limit. Now I wonder if I found a bug or was this the intention. If yes it should be more clear.

Reactions: DCM-PA
I also only had 1 of the 3 needing the update. That said, if its like it used to be, the one that was in the aircraft at time the aircraft was updated, was probably updated at that time. So, that makes 2 of the 3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31