DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do the Math!

BobA

Reactions
(My second post!)

So, whilst dreaming of receiving what will be my first drone, a Mavic Pro, I was wondering.........

How long before somebody assembles all the Mavic owners to undertake a relay video, crossing a county or a country, or even circling the world???

How far does 27 minutes get you, how many people and Mavic's would be needed to cross your location?

???? ;-)

Bob

(My second post!)

So, whilst dreaming of receiving what will be my first drone, a Mavic Pro, I was wondering.........

How long before somebody assembles all the Mavic owners to undertake a relay video, crossing a county or a country, or even circling the world???

How far does 27 minutes get you, how many people and Mavic's would be needed to cross your location?

???? ;-)

Bob

That question confused the heck out of me. I love it. Lol since that's a good question and world wide aerial coverage is what drones are all about.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

We talking circumference of the earth in miles divided by an average speed etc etc etc
I guess I'll start it but I'm too lazy to do the math to be honest.
Earth is what? 24901 miles, pick an average constant speed say 20 mph and 24901/20=1,245ish hours of flying
1245x60mins= 74,703 minutes of flight or 2766.7 batteries

If you really wanted to take it further you could figure out how far the actual Mavic will fly and then divide that into the equation as well. That would give you how many Mavics were needed to make it around

Funny I was just thinking about this today. A Mavic relay race. It would be great if if it was just 1 Mavic doing it, sorta like the Paris to Dakkar rally.

Im sure there are companies out there designing extended battery packs for the Mav as they did for the P3 series.

For those of us Litchi users, how many waypoints would that be? a few thousand prob. ;)

I knew a few guys a long time ago who flew an RC Cub around the island of Manhattan from the back of a boat with no refueling. I thought that was amazing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix