DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you have advice & info on UAV educational programs for children and K-12 students?

welcome to the forum,
good luck with your new venture ,its nice to see some positive ,drone news ,and getting people involved at a young age

I appreciate your question but it seems a little broad due to the expansive age range of K-12. You can introduce very young children to UAV's, but it will be very cursory if not in a one-on-one situation with immediate and direct supervision. High school kids are different where they will pick up on piloting faster than you and me, importing their video gaming skills that us older "kids" never had. The focus for them will, as per the video, have great focus on the rules and learning to fly responsibly as young adults.

Are you trying to create a drone education program? If so, what age group specifically? In that age group, what equipment will be available?

Reactions: 411business
I appreciate your question but it seems a little broad due to the expansive age range of K-12. You can introduce very young children to UAV's, but it will be very cursory if not in a one-on-one situation with immediate and direct supervision. High school kids are different where they will pick up on piloting faster than you and me, importing their video gaming skills that us older "kids" never had. The focus for them will, as per the video, have great focus on the rules and learning to fly responsibly as young adults.

Are you trying to create a drone education program? If so, what age group specifically? In that age group, what equipment will be available?
I am involved with a group of Police and other Law Enforcement Professionals who are working with a wide age range of youth who are interested in UAVs. We are utilizing Tello UAVs, MMs and Mavics to introduce the possibilities, professions that are enhanced with UAVs. We also show the hobby and real world use cases. Now we are searching for pre-packaged educational programs like the Tello EDU App. Thank You for your advice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22