DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you know the Hidden Features?

Good stuff! Thank you!

Reactions: heo3480
Only one "hidden" tip, and that's forcing the remote to charge through the hub, at the same time charge a battery. The rest are documented.
You wouldn't be fast charging the AC battery though. Charger is only 18W, so if you're stealing wattage for the RC, you have less for the AC batteries.
Actually I don't think you will be charging the AC batteries at all, but rather draining one into the RC.

I wouldn't leave the sticks in place in the case. You can see the case cover did not come all the way down, so you're putting pressure on them and the case. Might be OK for a short move once in a while.

Reactions: GerdS
Only one "hidden" tip, and that's forcing the remote to charge through the hub, at the same time charge a battery. The rest are documented.
You wouldn't be fast charging the AC battery though. Charger is only 18W, so if you're stealing wattage for the RC, you have less for the AC batteries.
Actually I don't think you will be charging the AC batteries at all, but rather draining one into the RC.

I wouldn't leave the sticks in place in the case. You can see the case cover did not come all the way down, so you're putting pressure on them and the case. Might be OK for a short move once in a while.
Do you think if the battery was charging the remote rather than accepting a charge he would have left it in the tips? Seems unlikely.

Only if he realized it. He could have misinterpreted the lights.

It charges the remote in this way, otherwise, the LED would not be blinking, this is the same behavior as if you would just turn on the power bank to charge the RC.

It's clear you only the power that is available by the charger, so it will properly not go faster for a total charge of the full kit, but at least you are in control when the RC should be charged.

He's claiming both the RC and an AC battery in the hub are simultaneously charging. I suspect that isn't the case but rather when the button is pushed, the hub reverts to power bank mode where the RC is being charged by one of the AC batteries in the hub. I could be wrong, but that's what I suspect.

He's claiming both the RC and an AC battery in the hub are simultaneously charging. I suspect that isn't the case but rather when the button is pushed, the hub reverts to power bank mode where the RC is being charged by one of the AC batteries in the hub. I could be wrong, but that's what I suspect.
Psssst- I'm guessing but I think the OP may have created the video..... Good chance he is talking from actual experience. @heo3480 is it you who provided us with your best tips?

Last edited:
Psssst- I'm guessing but I think the OP may have created the video..... Good chance he is talking from actual experience. @heo3480 is it you who provided us with your best tips?

Yes sir :) It’s properly what is happening the one of batteries charges the phone, but In this way you don’t have to wait until the last battery has charged.

I would agree that the remote should get priority, since having a fully charged AC battery does no good if the RC doesn't have adequate charge.
If the hub is going into power bank mode to charge the remote, then the charger isn't doing anything so your total charge time will be longer.
Best thing to do is use a charger that has multiple outputs. I have two QC chargers that have one QC charge port and also have an iSmart output that also provide 5v@2A.

Thanks for the tips. Familiar with most and learned the "find my drone" from experience. Thankful for that feature :)

Reactions: heo3480
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada