DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you record in 1080, 2.7 or 4k?

Full HD at 30, because all my computers are too old and too slow to process something in higher resolution in an acceptable amount of time.

In addition, we do not need a 4K compatible playback TV set.

I always use the highest available res at the time just in case you get that 1 in 1M shot. You can always downgrade if you get ho-hum shots.

So far all of mine are ho-hum shots but I live in hope

1080 at 30 fps same reason as others my computer to old for 4k playback

Reactions: mnis
1080 at 60 FPS. My laptop is entirely unable to deal with 4K. The cost to get a 4K laptop is more than my Mavic Air was. Still, it’s time for an upgrade. I’ll switch to 4K once I get the laptop replaced, and have a 4K monitor.

Reactions: Armand V Cpt
4k @ 30fps. Main reason is that max I can get from my old Hero 4 Black is 4k @ 30fps. I realize the footage can be downgraded but I'm very new to post-editing and trying to avoid possible problems :)

2.7k because you can't really tell the difference between that and 4k on most TV sets or on the net, since most people don't own 4K computer screens. If you are shooting commercially then yes the 4K would be desirable to shoot in bit not really for most hobbyists, plus there is much less memory used for storage and the editing is going to go faster in less that 4K.

4k but I convert down to 1080 in post. I usually shoot in 30 fps

2.7k @ 30fps usually, but sometimes go to 60fps. I can do cropping in post if needed and also use same settings with gopro. Depending on what and where its going to be uploaded to I mostly convert down to 1080.

4k @ 30, like someone else said, record at the highest and downgrade to what I actually need in post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdober