DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you remove props between flights?

For the most part I don’t take mine off unless I am replacing them or folding it away for back pack travel. My drone sits in a drawer, legs unfolded, props folded together, no battery. When I go fly it goes from the drawer to the front seat of my car. On location, I take the cam cover off, unfold my props, put a battery in and set it on my landing pad….no fuss.

WDK

I leave them on. But when I take the drone out of the case before flying I give each a little twist just to be sure they're still latched. On the M2ED, I also always straighten the props out before firing up the motors. Less stress (there's a slow motion video somewhere that shows the initial vibration if you don't straighten them out).

I leave mine on, if nothing else but to reduce the wear and tear on the springs. I do switch props out back and forth frequently with my M2P. I like the Endura blades from MAS but they don't do well in high wind (they're also very loud especially with braking). I like the stealth blades the best for high wind, and if I'm trying not to disturb people.

I was shocked to see the 2s did not have props installed upon arrival, easy to attach though. That leads to my question......is there a reason to remove them after your flight for the day or when storing for a bit of time?
I did for my Inspire 1, just for storage/transport reasons. I don't with my M3. I do inspect them though.

My MPP came with props attached and over a few years of flights never damaged any of them so never needed to replace any.

I was shocked to see the 2s did not have props installed upon arrival, easy to attach though. That leads to my question......is there a reason to remove them after your flight for the day or when storing for a bit of time?

Even the SE for my son had the props pre-installed.

Thanks!
I inspect them every flight but they're far more sturdy than the Mavic Mini/SE props were. Those things deform really easily.

I take mine off when I’m done flying for the day. Put them in a small case I have for props and put motor cover caps over each motor. I do this on all my drones.

Reactions: old man mavic
photo_2022-02-06_22-33-45.jpgphoto_2022-02-06_22-33-34.jpgI do not remove the propellers I bought a quality product from "pgytach" that I checked that it meets the conditions of their freedom of movement and also to keep them under no pressure I checked some products until I found it is a little more expensive but worth it and so the drone stored in the bag Adapted to it And also easy to remove

I bought the same one a couple weeks back, works great as these props spin around a lot easier than my MPP's.

My MPP came with props attached and over a few years of flights never damaged any of them so never needed to replace any.

Even the SE for my son had the props pre-installed.

Thanks!
No but I do make sure they are not in a bind in any way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying