DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you wish you had gotten the P4P instead?

The DSLR to pocket camera comparison is a bit of a stretch.QUOTE]

Agreed.

Never meant it as a literal/direct comparison.

Just that it's the same pros/cons discussions when people compare smaller sensored cameras (which are typically more portable), to larger sensored cameras, which are typically bigger/bulkier, but will have better image quality.

I have come into some "found" money, enough to buy a Mavic or P4 Pro. I am trying to decide between the two. To those who bought the Mavic: Do you miss the features of the P4P such as better video quality?
There were lots of discussions early on about out of focus, tilted sensors, watercolor images, and tilted horizons. Have these issues been resolved?
To those who own both, which would you buy now if you could only choose one?
I got the Mavic for the portability, I figured if I couldn't get the drone with me on a trip/hike, it wouldn't matter the quality, since I would not have ANY video.

The DSLR to pocket camera comparison is a bit of a stretch. The P4P has a better lens and a better sensor, but they are only slightly better than the Mavic's lens. A better comparison would be a high end point and shoot camera like the Canon PowerShot G9 (1" sensor and bigger lens just like P4P) to a more basic point and shoot camera like the Canon PowerShot ELPH 190 (1/2.3" sensor and smaller lens just like Mavic). In a nutshell, both the P4P and the Mavic have "point and shoot" type lenses and sensors. Neither is anywhere close to the DSLRs.

Even the Inspire 2 with the X5S lens (top DJI lens for Inspire drones) is not quite the DSLR class. Close, but not quite.

Agreed.

Never meant it as a literal/direct comparison.

Just that it's the same pros/cons discussions when people compare smaller sensored cameras (which are typically more portable), to larger sensored cameras, which are typically bigger/bulkier, but will have better image quality.

2 Sparks, 1 Mavic Pro , 1 P4P and 1 Inspire 2 , isn't this what we are supposed to have?

Pixar...

Just wondering in what situations you use the Spark as opposed to the Mavic as the Mavic folds down darn near as small as the Spark even including the radio, batteries, etc.

Thanks.

Bill

Pixar...

Just wondering in what situations you use the Spark as opposed to the Mavic as the Mavic folds down darn near as small as the Spark even including the radio, batteries, etc.

Thanks.

Bill

Bill, It's just a fun little drone to bang around with like on my front lawn when I get the desire to fly and kick back on
a chair and I do have trees, so it's small enough to get around those. and then I keep one in my truck as well for
whatever , and there cheap :) but otherwise I go to the larger birds when using litchi and such and wanting
to fly for longer periods . OR living in IOWA and being stuck inside for months I can
fly it inside the house LOL

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter