DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DOC Rejected

marshvet

Reactions
After applying for a DOC for my AIr 3 (Now that it is an accepted RID aircraft) I received this email:

Dear Applicant,

The DOC you submitted for DJI AIR 3 with Tracking Number ------- has been rejected. Please submit a new DOC for consideration.

This DOC is being rejected for the following reason:
Per CFR § 89.515 Production requirements for unmanned aircraft without design approval or production approval issued under part 21 of this chapter. Except as provided in § 89.510, after September 16, 2022, no person may produce an unmanned aircraft for operation in the airspace of the United States unless— (a) The unmanned aircraft is designed and produced to meet the minimum performance requirements for standard remote identification unmanned aircraft established in § 89.310 in accordance with an FAA-accepted means of compliance. Please note that the above rule is for a manufacturer of unmanned aircraft. Please contact your drone manufacturer directly to inquire if your drone is Remote ID ready. You can also check if your drone is already Remote ID complaint by checking the serial number for the make and model of the already accepted DOC in the FAA DOC portal (UAS Declaration of Compliance.). Thank you, Aircraft Certification Service

Thank You

U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, 800 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, DC 20591, 866.TELL.FAA (866.835.5322)

Does anyone have an idea why this might have been rejected? Have any of you applied and received either acceptance or rejection?

Thanks.

Marshall Breite

Not sure why you are apply for a DoC for the Air 3, did you make/produce/manufacture the drone?

The Air3 from DJI already has a DoC: UAS Declaration of Compliance
At this point, there is nothing more you need to do regarding gaining acceptance for the drone itself.

Your rejection appears to stem from not following the prior steps and while I don't understand the entire process fully, it sounds like you are being told you have to first establish some sort of "standing."

That may be my problem. I thought we all had to apply for one to prove that our Air 3 was compliant. I guess that is my mistake. Thanks.
No worries. At this point, if you go into your online FAA registration and update your drone's RID details, I think you are all set.

Hey fellas, Im confused now bc I am now concerned that the Air 3 is NO LONGER ACCEPTED to the FAA DOC. I Actually purchased the air 3 on dec 2 and mine flies like a champ! #nocomplaints Did the air 3 get rescinded. I am confused by the above post from Marshvet!

Hey fellas, Im confused now bc I am now concerned that the Air 3 is NO LONGER ACCEPTED to the FAA DOC. I Actually purchased the air 3 on dec 2 and mine flies like a champ! #nocomplaints Did the air 3 get rescinded. I am confused by the above post from Marshvet!
No need to be concerned, the Air 3 DoC is accepted and has not been recinded. In essence, Marshvet tried to apply for a DoC after DJI had already accomplished it so it isn't necessary (or even possible).

Reactions: GadgetGuy
are all air 3s remote is compliant bc when I enter my serial number on the DOC database it says not found.

are all air 3s remote is compliant bc when I enter my serial number on the DOC database it says not found.
All Air 3's are compliant as of 11/10. I believe it's not finding your exact serial because the 2 serials listed on the document are simply a range. UAS Declaration of Compliance

1703389764659.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne