DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone actually see 27 minute flight times?

KiterTodd

Reactions
I have 156 flights on the Mavic and I rotate through 3 batteries.
My longest flights are 19 minutes. I have one outlier that is 20 minutes.

I tend to head back at 40%, but will sometimes then linger near the landing site until it's 25% or so. At that point, of course, it is beeping quite a bit and maybe even threatening an auto land if it gets lower. (I had a high wind 14 minute flight that got below 10%, unexpectedly).

Understandably, I'm landing with about 20-30% time left, but it's still under 27 minutes if you calculate it out and it's not really usable flight time.

Not saying I blame DJI for claiming the total flight time, in ideal conditions, from 100% to 0%...but it's not realistic.

Is my 19 minute flight time about typical?

CaptureMP.JPG

Yes, that's typical 20-23 min. You should never see 27 minutes for reasons you stated about not wanting to deplete it 100%.

I got 3 with 25 min. Two of those with 4 and 5% of battery left and one with 8% so I guess is relative with the weather

You would need to fly at 15mph consistently with no wind with a new Mavic battery and all the way down to 0%. Yes, you will get your 27 minutes, but no one flies like that.

Reactions: KiterTodd
I bring mine back at 30% I also usually get a flight time around 21-23 minutes. Add 30% to that it's right at 27 minutes.

It's also worth keeping in mind that near full depletion of batteries will shorten their usable life. I'm with others here that 20-22 minutes is plenty if there's no emergency pushing you to squeeze the battery harder.

Most my long flights are around 19-20 minutes. My longest flight ever was 22 minutes, it involved a lot of hovering. I could probably get 27 minutes out of it if I wanted to deplete to 0% but, you really want to land it way before you are too low on battery. My 22 minute flight I landed with 17% still on the battery.

My longest flight with my phone was

24:59 with 9% remaining.

I'll check my iPad later and see if I have any longer times recorded on that device.

image.png

Reactions: gkrug
d7c19acc77080593acb12afa719858e5.jpg

Interesting. Sounds like most people are consistent and most of you fly your batteries lower than I do! :)

I didn't think I'd hit 27 minutes, but was surprised when I scrolled through my flight history and didn't see anything over 19. And then to double check, I flipped back to the DJI web page and sure enough, big 27 minutes still highlighted.

I checked my longest flight, that 24 minute one still had 4 minutes on the clock when I landed

As someone new to drones but having flown R/C on and off for years I find times of plus 20 minutes a remarkable achievement. The Mavic has such a small battery and yet it is running 4 motors, a two way data link, a real time video link, an on board GPS (and these tend to hammer batteries) and all the other heat generating processing hardware that makes the fan spin.

Back in the days of hand flown R/C even with glow motors 10 minutes felt like a long flight!

I do not understand , people who take the Battery, to its full extent ? and Comprise , the Outlay of at least a £ 1000 quid ?
Me personally , I've got 5 Batt,s and listen to what the controller is telling me !
The Drone is designed for Fail safe ? Listen to it ?
PS ,
When my controller , tells me to return home , from the Pub ! I don't bother listening ?
And yes that could cost many more Thousands , than a Drone !
But Hey !
That's LIFE .

One time I achieved a 25:43 flight, but landed with 7% battery after almost have a heart attack thinking I would not bring home my Mavic. [emoji23]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore