DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone else sometimes switch to FPV to see what their drone is having to do to fight the wind?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

Just curious, I do this quite regularily, Phantom 3, Mavic 2 Pro and Mini but the Mini in gusty conditions a few days ago really showed what it was having to do to hold position. I know it can be beaten but still it was quite impressive

If you mean throwing the goggles on, Which is what I like doing because I can fly and look around better and quickly, to see where trees or whatever is and I feel like I have a sense of my surroundings better... I love the goggles because you can quickly aim your camera right and left to see what you are near.. Or see the wind blowing trees around you and see what the wind is doing...

If you mean throwing the goggles on, Which is what I like doing because I can fly and look around better and quickly, to see where trees or whatever is and I feel like I have a sense of my surroundings better... I love the goggles because you can quickly aim your camera right and left to see what you are near.. Or see the wind blowing trees around you and see what the wind is doing...
Rubbing it in lol, DJI GIVE AIR 2 THIS FEATURE!!!!

Yah I fly in FPV mode if i just want to fly and im not trying o shoot anything particular. Sometimes i like taking a pic in a turn too lol

Reactions: RawRock
Indeed it is impressive on how well the MM really handles the wind, and more impressive is how well the gimbal can stabilize the image with all that rocking.

If you mean throwing the goggles on,

Sorry but no I did not mean using goggles, I meant switching the gimbal to FPV mode so that the angle of bank is seen.
If the drone is hovering in a side wind, the angle of bank is indicative of how 'fast' it is having to fly into the wind to hold position etc.

I used to just to get a sense of real un-adjusted flying. But now I have an FPV freestyle drone so I don't do it with the mini anymore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie