DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone have a way to remove the fly more bag's straps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakestr

Reactions
I have just been zipping it into the bag, but that means the bag isn't zipped fully closed. Has anyone removed the straps? I typically carry the case either by the handle or in my backpack so I don't have the need for the little bit of extra bulk the strap makes for.
I know it's nitpicky and not that important but if anyone has any insights I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

I don’t have the fly more bag but if the strap is anything like on the other DJI bags (Ignoring the clips to facilitate removal on most) you could slit the stitching on the adjustment buckle then undo the strap from the bag without destroying it.

I do have the bag and cutting the stitching like THE CYBORG suggests is what I did. The strap was annoying and the side handle works fine for me.

Reactions: RMS001 and sikspy
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the quick replies! I will just cut it off also.
It's probably too late, but if you cut it off then that's that. Yes, you can buy a replacement clip-on strap - but what a waste.

We got the Mini 2 mainly because of it's compact size and minimal weight for assignments when we need to travel ultra light. We'd never consider cutting off a bag's strap. Sometimes, we've hung the bag on something when the ground below has been too wet or muddy.

I just roll them up and secure it with a Monoprice hook & loop fastener (because I know that as soon as I cut them off, I’ll wish I had them back . . )

Attachments

• 12603CCE-CB56-4620-94A0-085CD0FA1D1A.jpeg
    12603CCE-CB56-4620-94A0-085CD0FA1D1A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 94
With the same bag for our Mavic Air 2 we used BrokenAero‘s approach: folded the strap flat along the top of the bag and secured it with Tyvek tape. So far it’s remained flat and out of the way for 8 months. With the Mini 2 I use a smaller case to reduce the overall space in the summit pack I use for bikepacking.

Howard

The straps are attached with a simple d-ring..you could saw that off. That would be my choice. I like to carry my drone cross shoulder so I wouldn't want to destroy the straps or have to re-sew them. The D-ring could be easily replaced with a split ring.
That bag is a really well thought out piece of equipment in my opinion.

My simple solution - keep what you have in case you dont have it when you want it

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 50
I have just been zipping it into the bag, but that means the bag isn't zipped fully closed. Has anyone removed the straps? I typically carry the case either by the handle or in my backpack so I don't have the need for the little bit of extra bulk the strap makes for.
I know it's nitpicky and not that important but if anyone has any insights I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!
Scissors?

Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13