DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone wish they didn't buy the "fly more" bundle?

It is worth buying the fly more combo even if you do not use the bag, however don't rule out the bag. Its useful to store the Mavic if you do not plan on using it for a while and its actually pretty good, I put a couple of peakdesign widgets on there and use it with a better strap more often that I thought I would.

Then lets do the math....

$1000 for Mavic
$1300 for Fly More and Mavic
Difference is $300.

For $300 you are getting 2 extra batteries along with the bag. Batteries are $90 each, so $180 for 2. $300 extra - $180 for the batteries is $120 extra

For $120 you are getting the bag and the hub.

$60 for an aftermarket charge that actually charges 3 batteries and the controller at the same time (unlike the hub) so that leave $60 for a bag.

You have a _HUGE_ range of great bags for $60. I bought a nice sling back pack for about $40. So now I have a better pack and charger and $20 in my pocket.

Better off with the combo pack if you don't use the bag?

$20 in my pocket while all my batteries are charging says, nope.

Reactions: kiwi flyer
Then lets do the math....

$1000 for Mavic
$1300 for Fly More and Mavic
Difference is $300.

For $300 you are getting 2 extra batteries along with the bag. Batteries are $90 each, so $180 for 2. $300 extra - $180 for the batteries is $120 extra

For $120 you are getting the bag and the hub.

$60 for an aftermarket charge that actually charges 3 batteries and the controller at the same time (unlike the hub) so that leave $60 for a bag.

You have a _HUGE_ range of great bags for $60. I bought a nice sling back pack for about $40. So now I have a better pack and charger and $20 in my pocket.

Better off with the combo pack if you don't use the bag?

$20 in my pocket while all my batteries are charging says, nope.

Thats all good if you are comparing apples and pears.

He's saying that pears taste better, are better for you and is cheaper.

Some people value the OEM stuff more compared to the aftermarket. I'm not always like that. Depends on the product. For chargers though, I definitely am. Bad experience with a charger before that melted the casing got me paranoid ever since. I won't leave aftermarket chargers unattended, particularly if it's openly made-in-china. Not bad mouthing my own country, but just admitting that there are definitely some quality control problems and safety issues there.

How are you holding the ipad Mini in there? Did you cut the seam on the back like the other guy from an earlier post or slipped it through the front zipper pocket? If the latter, how where do you end up putting your batteries then? on the sides? if so, what about the charging brick or do you leave that at home? Just curious. I'm exploring my setup too. I really like the small sized bag. I can see how other people want the larger hard cases, but that's just not how I intend to transport it.

No cutting at all. The Mini 4 fits perfectly into the front pouch and the fold down flap cover totally keeps it covered and secure.

Hello,

thinking of getting the Mavic Pro. Not really interetsed in the the bag, as I would probably pack in a different case anyway. Does anyone wish they purchased just the mavic and say the Advanced battery charger hub rather than the std one that comes with the bundle?
Thats all good if you are comparing apples and pears.

What is an apple and what is a pear? That really makes no sense without some type of context/explanation. What I gave were the facts as to the dollar amounts with some opinion about those facts. I'm not really sure where the non-comparison you mention comes into play.

Not really interetsed in the the bag, as I would probably pack in a different case anyway. Does anyone wish they purchased just the mavic and say the Advanced battery charger hub rather than the std one that comes with the bundle?
If you don't want/need the bag I would buy the Mavic with 2 batteries and also skip the hub for a 3rd party charger that charges 3 batteries at once. You end up saving around $60 which means you either pocket $60 or can pick out your own bag that you like.

The Fly More is not a bad deal but really makes more sense if you want the bag.

Hello,

thinking of getting the Mavic Pro. Not really interetsed in the the bag, as I would probably pack in a different case anyway. Does anyone wish they purchased just the mavic and say the Advanced battery charger hub rather than the std one that comes with the bundle?

Bag is garbage, but the bundle is good. I'm glad I got it. Definitely happy with the multi-battery charger and extra batteries.

Doesn't the combo also come with the car charger and power bank adaptor? Don't think the standard Mavic comes with these. The car charger is awesome.

As far as the bag, I removed the center divider and I put the head unit of the DJI goggles in for protection when packing my awesome case logic back pack.

Only thing I don't use out of my fly more combo is the bag I bought a hard case for it but if I traveled I would use the bag more everything else I use

Doesn't the combo also come with the car charger and power bank adaptor? Don't think the standard Mavic comes with these. The car charger is awesome.

As far as the bag, I removed the center divider and I put the head unit of the DJI goggles in for protection when packing my awesome case logic back pack.

Yes, you're right. It comes with both the car charger and power bank adapter.

For those looking for a deal on the combo items, here's something you may be interested in: DJI Mavic Pro FSLabs Drone Accessories Sale: Sunhood, 5-in-1 Charger, Propeller Guards, and more $6.79 + Free Shipping 07-11-2017

Won't last long. I picked up the 5-in-1 charger a few hours ago.

Reactions: NCTurner
You'll never find any bag or case smaller than the DJI bag.
It easily holds my Mavic, the controller, 3 batteries, spare props, cables AND my iPad Mini 4.
I never take the charger with me when out and about. With 3 batteries I see no need and it stays in the car or on the motorcycle.

How do you get your mini in there? Did u cut the center divider? I felt the bag would be perfect if I could get my mini 4 in there.

I hear the seams on the back can be cut, but so I don't completely screw up the $80, can someone describe in more detail to an idiot like myself how it's done?

Scarab69, another way people have done it is just to slide it into the front zipper pocket but no zip it closed. The bag is the perfect width and height is still such that the top flap will fold completely down. Nice tip, but I have my batteries in there and feels like it's too tight of a fit to put the mini in there with that setup. I'd prefer the seam cutting method, but just looking for some instructions.

I won't be offending if someone explains it to me like I'm a 5 year old. Thanks in advance.

Bag is great, used it since I got the combo in November. It's the most compact way to carry just what you need for flying.
Only stopped using it regularly recently because of Goggles and getting a camera-type backpack that holds everything. If I go somewhere without the goggles I still transfer everything back to the stock bag.

The thing I don't use much in the combo is the car charger. Oh and the props ;)

Anyway back when I got mine and for several more weeks the combo was the only way to get extra betteries, so there was no question to ask.

I hear the seams on the back can be cut, but so I don't completely screw up the $80, can someone describe in more detail to an idiot like myself how it's done?

Scarab69, another way people have done it is just to slide it into the front zipper pocket but no zip it closed. The bag is the perfect width and height is still such that the top flap will fold completely down. Nice tip, but I have my batteries in there and feels like it's too tight of a fit to put the mini in there with that setup. I'd prefer the seam cutting method, but just looking for some instructions.

I won't be offending if someone explains it to me like I'm a 5 year old. Thanks in advance.
Spare battery on each side

Attachments

• IMG_1384.JPG
    IMG_1384.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1385.JPG
    IMG_1385.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Does that mean that there's no space for the charging brick? I'm probably going to stop carrying it around as I find so far very little need to have it on the go for my use.

I didn't like the bad at first. But after I figured it out it's great. Slips in my smallest backpack when I hike with it. I also really like the hub and battery adapter. I didn't know about the better charger before. But I'm ok with the hub. Haven't used the car adapter yet.

Sometimes you get separated from your checked luggage, overnight. I also put spare underwear and socks in my carryon
Oh. You're much more civilized while traveling apparently than I am. I was wearing the same things all through my 20 travel to the other side of the world, and the first thing I did when I get off was then shave and shower, and put fresh clothes on.

My return trip was a 28 hour trip since the return flights where different planes. Same story. It's not that I'm lazy, I really don't feel comfortable doing all that in a public environment. So I make sure to smell extra fresh before my travels start.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oquima