DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone wish they didn't buy the "fly more" bundle?

I didn't buy that kit, but I did buy props, the charging hub, etc. I never use the charging hub because it only charges one at a time. It's not that difficult to watch when one stops flashing and put a new one on. As others said, even if they are smart, I would watch them charging. They can malfunction, and that can mean fire.

Edit: I did use the props a few times...

Buy this case instead. Best Buy has these on sale constantly for half the normal price of a Pelican case this size.

PELICAN - Storm Case 11.8" Hard - Navy blue

Then cut it out like this:

View media item 987

I'm glad I bought the kit. Everything but the charger fits in the bag, including spare props, filter kit, my iPad Mini and its sunshade. The bag fits easily into my carry-on backpack (which fits under the seat), and leaves room for my laptop, shaving kit and other stuff I need enroute.

No regrets.
The $80 bag can be had for about $36 from Aliexpress. Not sure on the quality as I didn't buy that, but I suspect it's just the unbadged generic version of the bag. In person though, I must say that the DJI bag really is of excellent quality. Prior to receiving it, I was almost certain I was going to get a more traditional briefcase style bag. Had my eyes on one from Aliexpress for $19 or $34 from Amazon but the DJI bag being so compact and actually fitting everything from the Fly More Combo was enough to be my only bag. Won't be getting a replacement, for now at least.

If you buy the stuff separately by scouring Ebay and Aliexpress, you can accumulate most of the stuff for a lot less, but you never really know what generic stuff you may end up with. Coming from a person who is a big fan of generic cheaper priced stuff, I'm still glad I got the Fly More Combo with genuine parts and pieces.

Whether or not you should get it depends a lot on how you plan to fly the Mavic. I do like the USB adapter thingy that lets you use the drone battery as an external battery to charge USB devices like your cell phone. Good use of the battery when it doesn't have enough juice to safely fly.

Note that there is now another upgraded battery charging hub that charges the batteries faster. Not sure how the hub itself does that by itself being that the amperage going to it is unchanged. The Fly More Combo will come with the standard (slower) one.

Hello,

thinking of getting the Mavic Pro. Not really interetsed in the the bag, as I would probably pack in a different case anyway. Does anyone wish they purchased just the mavic and say the Advanced battery charger hub rather than the std one that comes with the bundle?

I bought mavic without flymore.....then I bought 2 more batteries, and more props. I still wish I had the multi battery charging port and a car charger.

You didnt buy the 5 in 1 charger yet?

I hear the car charger is woefully slow rendering it near useless and the charging port charges only one battery at a time.

I just charge my batteries one at a time. I do use an inverter to power the wall charger in my car. I've seen photos of the multi charging hub and thought it looked like a great accessory.

Hello,

thinking of getting the Mavic Pro. Not really interetsed in the the bag, as I would probably pack in a different case anyway. Does anyone wish they purchased just the mavic and say the Advanced battery charger hub rather than the std one that comes with the bundle?

NOPE! I got my own bag and extra battery instead. Seriously, the last thing I want is a bag that says DJI on it and announce to everyone that I have a drone on my back! HAHA! I found it just better to get the things I want separately than in a bundle. If you are looking for a small bag, I like this one I got!

1) Mavic and Mavic Remote Cases:
Amazon.com: VIAEON DJI mavic pro case Controller bag+Remote Case mavic pro soft storage case Carrying Travel Bag Drone DJI Mavic pro Accessories: Camera & Photo

2) Reebow Gear:
Amazon.com : Reebow Gear® Military Tactical Sling Bag Pack EDC Molle Travel Crossbody Chest Packs for iPad Black : Sports & Outdoors

The work well together and you get some awesome protection!

IMHO, Flyless and buy extra batteries and a bigger camera bag is a better option.

Bag is crap.
The hub charges 1 at a time - and you should be monitoring charging and not leaving it unattended.
The power bank adaptor is ok to use left over juice to charge your controller/phone. But $20 batter bank would suffice.
Car charger doesnt work if voltages drops in the car (maybe i need new car).
Extra props are for noobs.

What else is there...
Wow. Tell us how you really feel.

BTW, if the car charger doesn't work despite your car being on, it might be an indication of a dying alternator.

Reactions: BeeDrone
I'm glad I bought the kit. Everything but the charger fits in the bag, including spare props, filter kit, my iPad Mini and its sunshade. The bag fits easily into my carry-on backpack (which fits under the seat), and leaves room for my laptop, shaving kit and other stuff I need enroute.
You shave on the plane?

I priced out the fly more combo as well as just the mavic with an additional battery and pair of props.

The difference was 350 Canadian.... Enough to buy 2 extra batteries and an aftermarket case. I guess the only thing I missed out on was the car charger and Hub, but so far I've been able to live without it.

NOPE! I got my own bag and extra battery instead. Seriously, the last thing I want is a bag that says DJI on it and announce to everyone that I have a drone on my back! HAHA! I found it just better to get the things I want separately than in a bundle. If you are looking for a small bag, I like this one I got!

1) Mavic and Mavic Remote Cases:
Amazon.com: VIAEON DJI mavic pro case Controller bag+Remote Case mavic pro soft storage case Carrying Travel Bag Drone DJI Mavic pro Accessories: Camera & Photo

2) Reebow Gear:
Amazon.com : Reebow Gear® Military Tactical Sling Bag Pack EDC Molle Travel Crossbody Chest Packs for iPad Black : Sports & Outdoors

The work well together and you get some awesome protection!

Wow, thanks for the recommendation on the Reebow Gear bag! My style and I like how it has a dedicated tablet storage slot. I feel the same way. Wish the bag didn't say DJI on it, but then again, it's written pretty small. Aliexpress has the generic version w/o the name. Can't say anything about the quality but maybe someone here has purchased one and can say a few words on the quality with the 50-60% discount.

The VIAEON can be had at Aliexpress too, but be prepared for a 2-4 week lead time to save about $7. I shop there all the time and would totally do it. Was stoked to buy that setup for storage, but decided after using the OEM bag that I actually really like it. You got me tempted on that Reebow one though. I'll probably get it eventually.

UPDATE: Ugh, I found it on Aliexpress. Type in "tactical sling" and it's $9.45 shipped. How can I not get it now???? grrr. Been spending too much lately. The original one I believe is possibly by a company called OneTrigris. There are two versions.

• The latest version which is made of more durable material has a strap that covers the buckle. That's the main visual difference.
  • The latest one also has a vinyl material vs cloth.
After some youtubing, the quality on the Reebow appears to be a lot better. 1000D cordura fabric which I doubt the < $10 is.

Last edited:
I have the flymore bundle and it was a good investment. I am in a different situation than most and an order by post can take a month. Courier service costs a fortune. Only shop in town that does sell anything DJI has a phantom 3 standard for K4400 (US$1,350) so I was lucky I got everything I needed when I was in Oz. I am grateful for the extra batteries when those large updates were needed. Here in PNG internet is both slow and expensive. Only other craft of any size ( a few rc helicopters and rc quads) I have piloted was a 20' helium blimp, which ended tragically for the blimp when the rudder attachment came off. 3 years is a good age for a blow up toy. (AU$15,000)

Wow. Tell us how you really feel.

BTW, if the car charger doesn't work despite your car being on, it might be an indication of a dying alternator.
I agree. I use the.car charger all the time. I can use a battery, put it on charge (after a.little time to cool) and have it almost fully charged by the time I am through my 3rd battery.
I would definitely recommend the fly more combo. I still bought a hard case but everything CAN fit in the DJI bag (albeit a bit too tight for my liking which is why I have a hardcase), but it is still really useful to keep as an option when room is at a premium.

You'll never find any bag or case smaller than the DJI bag.
It easily holds my Mavic, the controller, 3 batteries, spare props, cables AND my iPad Mini 4.
I never take the charger with me when out and about. With 3 batteries I see no need and it stays in the car or on the motorcycle.

How are you holding the ipad Mini in there? Did you cut the seam on the back like the other guy from an earlier post or slipped it through the front zipper pocket? If the latter, how where do you end up putting your batteries then? on the sides? if so, what about the charging brick or do you leave that at home? Just curious. I'm exploring my setup too. I really like the small sized bag. I can see how other people want the larger hard cases, but that's just not how I intend to transport it.

I guess my needs were different the most, I like the fly more bag but wanted something more protective. Also I'm kind of already way over my original $500 budget for a good UAS, so i looked around my unused cases, found this harbor freight junk, but it offers good impact resistance and fits all the extras, then usually just grab the fly more bag and go with it or put it in the backpack with my landing pad.

Last edited:
You'll never find any bag or case smaller than the DJI bag.
It easily holds my Mavic, the controller, 3 batteries, spare props, cables AND my iPad Mini 4.
I never take the charger with me when out and about. With 3 batteries I see no need and it stays in the car or on the motorcycle.

Check this out for size: Mavic Pro/Water Bottle Holder Thing

I'm sure this has been posted around here, but I stumbled upon it recently and picked one up for when I want to bring the Mavic hiking, as it conveniently matches and attaches to my CamelBak. Here's the amazon link. Perfectly holds the mavic, two extra batteries, controller, props, and landing gear.

Back on topic, I like the approach I took -- bought the Flyless with an extra battery, bought some hard shell foam cases for storing the Mavic in my various shoulder camera bags (I'm a professional photographer, so I have no shortage of bags). Then I grabbed two additional batteries, the charging hub, extra props and car charger from a guy on Craigslist for $150. Now I just need to find a convenient way to store 4 batteries haha.

I didn't buy the fly more package as it only seemed good value if you need most of the items in the package, I definitely didn't need or want the bag nor the in car charger plus after buying additional batteries I'm not missing the charging hub either. Given the choice again, I'd buy the basic Mavic package again.

Last edited:
Haven't regretted it even once. The bag is great for certain purposes. For everyday use I keep all my stuff in a hard case. But the bag is indispensable for carrying onto an airplane.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13