DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone wish they didn't buy the "fly more" bundle?

Obviously the chief value is for the batteries. Charging hub is good too. Not much use for the car charger, takes too long. The bag is tight but great if you know how to pack it. And is low profile for customs situations.i love it.

Also, don't knock extra blades. Yes you don't want crashes, but one small mishap on a takeoff is all it takes to crack a blade and you're grounded for a vacation? Why wouldn't you want extra blades?

nope because:
1-I need a biger/better case
2-I can buy a battery tax free from BH instead of BB

Also, don't knock extra blades. Yes you don't want crashes, but one small mishap on a takeoff is all it takes to crack a blade and you're grounded for a vacation? Why wouldn't you want extra blades?

I had 90 flights on my p2. Broke a blade on my first flight, panicked and bought a bunch more. Never needed them.

I feel the same way about the bag. Even before it all arrived in the mail, I was already set on purchasing a wider, flatter soft case specific for the Mavic. After everything came in the mail and testing out the DJI Mavic bag, I've started to really like it not only more than I thought I would, but actually liking it as a main bag.

As the biggest feature of the Mavic being foldable and compact and my reason for getting it, I wanted to keep that form factor for travels. After all, there's a huge premium for portability. May as well use it.

I had 90 flights on my p2. Broke a blade on my first flight, panicked and bought a bunch more. Never needed them.

I too have a ton of extra blades for other UAV's and haven't really needed them, but still glad to have it so I wouldnt' have to order in case of a mishap and I do need them. Depending on your source and the product, some of these blades can be had for pretty cheap, unlike the DJI ones for $20 or whatever.

It was the best decision of my life, before marrying my wife, and even before being born itself.

Check slickdeals. There's a deal on that 5-in-1 charger. Not sure if it's expired yet, but I ordered it yesterday for $38.21 shipped. Just arrived, one day shipping. Pretty nuts.

Oh. You're much more civilized while traveling apparently than I am. I was wearing the same things all through my 20 travel to the other side of the world, and the first thing I did when I get off was then shave and shower, and put fresh clothes on.

It's a bit different for me. I fly non-rev, which means if there is no available seat, I don't go. Sometimes when i board, the overhead bins are full, and they make me check my 22" carry-on legal bag, leaving me with only my backpack, which fits under the seat. More than once, my 22 incher did not make the flight. That's why I pack the bare necessities in my backpack. That's also why I like the compactness of the DJI pack.

DJI bag is my main bag. Have others but for day to day and traveling it is the smallest footprint of them all. Even smaller than the Spark bag. Once you learn how to pack it you won't leave home without it.

Reactions: Clinton1
The Fly More combo is a must. The batteries, charging hub and props alone make it! Second flight out I had a huge insect fly into a prop and chipped it. Nothing to do with being a noob. Totally out of my control. Glad I had the extra props. The bag is fine but I would prefer one a little better. Fly more worth the Fly More Combo!!!

I like the Fly more Bag because it's small and on my flights with the mavic on Planes it counts as manhandbag so i can take carry-on baggage 8kg+mavic Bag 2kg without paying extra Cash :)

I looked into it on this site and YouTube. I purchased a hard case that I love (Nanuk 920), upgraded battery charger, 2 batteries, 2 props. I love it all and am glad I have what I wanted instead of what came with the bundle. I travel a lot and wanted a sturdy case. I could not be more happy with all that I bought, even if it was a few bucks more. I have never had a need for the car charger. See what you really want and need.

I did the same! Much better value imo

I purchased my Mavic bundle at the local Drone store and negotiated with them to exchange the bag for a backpack designed to fit the Mavic Pro. They did not charge me anything extra for the swap. Backpack is great. Take it with me wherever I go. Fits the entire Mavic and all the accessories including the batteries and chargers, extra props, lens filters etc.

Hello,

thinking of getting the Mavic Pro. Not really interetsed in the the bag, as I would probably pack in a different case anyway. Does anyone wish they purchased just the mavic and say the Advanced battery charger hub rather than the std one that comes with the bundle?

Having had earlier larger DJI products such as the Phantom 3, the Mavic is much more useful to me, due to the compact size. It fits in my suitcase. The bag that came with the FlyMore is an almost perfect design, in concert with the miniaturization of the bird itself. I am loth to carry my backpack size Phantom 3 around, when I can toss the Mavic Fly More bag in the car and just go. The extra batteries and charging system are perfect as well. All in all, I've see the DJI products evolve over the years, from size, charging systems, battery reliability, and other operations such as software upgrading, compas and IMU operations, and the Mavic is the best they have ever produced.

I considered the flymore but instead bought the blue 5 in 1 charger, 2 extra batteries and one of the hard carry cases from fleabay. I feel it is a better setup for less money. The charger will charge all 3 batteries, my iphone and the remote all at once. The DJI car charger only works if the vehicle is running.

Hello,

thinking of getting the Mavic Pro. Not really interetsed in the the bag, as I would probably pack in a different case anyway. Does anyone wish they purchased just the mavic and say the Advanced battery charger hub rather than the std one that comes with the bundle?
I really enjoy all aspects of the fly more combo:)

I've got it down to an art, setting up and putting everything back in the bag when done. It takes me one and a half minutes to get everything back in the bag. So I'm happy with the fly more combo:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky