DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Go4 inaccurately report airspace occasionally?

56_kruiser

Reactions
I went down to a spot to do some flying today. I received a warning on the controller "You are in Class E airspace, fly with caution". I'm pretty new to this, so I suppose I could be wrong, but I feel pretty sure I was in Class G airspace for these reasons:

• Flying only at 40' high
  • Airmap show no alerts for a Part 107 flyer
  • Airmap shows Orange, and lists a private airport and heliport for a Part 336 flyer. I don't know if Airmap shows airspaces at this point
  • Before I went, I downloaded the Jacksonville Sectional Chart which covers the area. There is no designated Class E airspace that I see (again, I am new to this,...studying for 107 test). So, given no designation, my understanding is that class E starts at 1200'.
In case anyone wants to look for themselves, an address pretty close to the spot is:

2199 Shore Dr., St. Augustine, Fl 32086
Makes me assume that the warnings coming up may not be solid.

Would be good to know if I am wrong about the airspace I was in.

I guess it doesn't base the warning on your altitude. So if you're below 1200', but your lat/lon is within a zone, you get a warning.

Here
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
I don't see any problem, but maybe it gives the warning if Mavic is within a reach to the nearest warning zone?

Hmmm...maybe. But one thing that is fact: From what I understand, Class E is above all Class G airspace. So if it doesn't pay attention to altitude, it would always give that warning.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan