DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic Shoot Video or Watercolor Paintings? Don’t settle. Get Involved!

For those of us that actually are PAL and not NTSC or just want the 25fps output does this also work the other way i.e. switch from PAL to NTSC to PAL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, I'm in the UK using PAL and that's how I stumbled on this "workaround"

I went from PAL to NTSC then back again.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I tested today. Doesnt seem any better. Contact tech support this evening. Suggested a firmware refresh. Imu camera and gimbal reset aswell as formatting the card.

Tried firmware first usimg dji assistant 2 amd my pc wont allow it internet access because its an unidentified network. Grrrr!

Can i refresh the firmwire through the Go 4 app? Anyone?

I tested today. Doesnt seem any better. Contact tech support this evening. Suggested a firmware refresh. Imu camera and gimbal reset aswell as formatting the card.

Tried firmware first usimg dji assistant 2 amd my pc wont allow it internet access because its an unidentified network. Grrrr!

Can i refresh the firmwire through the Go 4 app? Anyone?

Are you on mac?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That's a load and simply reinforces my statement. DJI is famous for berating customers and bashing competitors. If you're the kind of consumer that buys a product that promises to do XYZ and you actually expect it to do XYZ, you're going to have a **** hard time on any DJI forum or DJI bought places like RCGroups. Any negative feedback or attempt to hold DJI to its marketing claims will be blasted with exactly the same type of lines you just used: "you should be in awe of this product, who cares how it performs!" or "this thing is a technical marvel, just deal with it!!" or "go make a better one if you don't like it!"

That kind of behavior has nothing to do with the industry and is absolutely exclusive to DJI. Once Yuneec gets their act together with Intel's help, DJI will be sunk without a huge attitude change.

I can't see how what I said reinforces your statements. But good luck living in denial. Good luck with Yuneec, 3DR etc. products and customer support too, if you think they're perfect or too far from what DJI does. This is new technology, new market, new business. Go out and see the world, how business is run, how tech evolves.

Look around in this very forum too. We're all here because we're in awe of what DJI does. Both satisfied and unsatisfied. We're early adopters, beta testers. Still, there's a lot more happy pilots than otherwise, simply because there are more working DJI drones than problematic ones. You're creating a non-fact and blowing it out of proportion with this "us and them" theme. As I said, those who don't care also don't bother.

It's also a fact that, despite not having competition at its level, DJI is NOT resting. It's not like they're still selling "improved Phantom 1s". They're moving forward, and fast. They're investing. New ideas, new products, accessible prices despite overwhelming demand for their stuff. That means taking risks and tripping on occasion, and I accept that. It'd be worse if they were conservative. A tech company with conservative behavior can't go too far really.

You said it yourself: Yuneec must get their act together. Well, that's exactly the point indeed!

I'm not an apologist. I have my share of problems and difficulties with DJI. But I deal with it as an adult, not a crybaby. Some ppl are suffering with support, I understand that is frustrating and I sympathize. But many are getting good service too. Unlike some unsatisfied (yet-still-in-awe-with-DJI) pilots, I don't want to change other's opinion and turn everyone into anti-DJI soldier.

Just trying to show a different perspective. Let's keep pushing DJI so they won't ever get into a comfort zone, yes. But distorting things won't make it. I've been doing my best to help pilots in these forums for some time. But ultimately, each one is free to do as pleased.

Reactions: Strafe1 and Vroom66
On a mac you need to go into security and allow the app as it's blocked because it's outside of the apple eco system...

Not sure how that's done on windows

You can update the firmware with the DGI Go app.

If the Mavic is connected to the controller and the controller is connected to your phone/tablet then the Go App will update both controller and Mavic (and even the battery firmware!)

I think you have to use the PC/Mac DJI Assistant to update the baterycharging hub though.(Nit that I've ever dine it!)

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

To refresh current firmware you have to use the Assistant tool though.
It also allows you to go back and reinstall latest again for example.
(can't do from app!)

While the other common issue of poor focus one side might be hardware in some cases I do think this over-zealous noise reduction/smoothing is a software bug for most.

To refresh current firmware you have to use the Assistant tool though.
It also allows you to go back and reinstall latest again for example.
(can't do from app!)

While the other common issue of poor focus one side might be hardware in some cases I do think this over-zealous noise reduction/smoothing is a software bug for most.

Yeah I cam find the option, but as soon as I click refresh, the download screen pauses at 0% and the internet foes off.

Searched net to allow it access but can only find stuff for windows 8.

Annoying!!!

Sorted, I just used my mobile as a tether for internet and did it that way, took about 4-5 minutes. Recalibrated the IMU, Gimbal, formatted the SD card and reset the camera too. Just have to wait for a chance to get it out now to see the results.

Sorted, I just used my mobile as a tether for internet and did it that way, took about 4-5 minutes. Recalibrated the IMU, Gimbal, formatted the SD card and reset the camera too. Just have to wait for a chance to get it out now to see the results.

This is DJI's #1 recommendation for literally every problem. It's like Dell telling you to just restart the computer. Has it ever fixed any issue for anyone in the entire history of these products?

Reactions: TonyN
This is DJI's #1 recommendation for literally every problem. It's like Dell telling you to just restart the computer. Has it ever fixed any issue for anyone in the entire history of these products?
:eek: I did think that the guy on chat was going through the motions to be honest. I asked him if he would email the full set of instructions but still hasn't. Atleast if this doesn't work I can start the process of returning it... which I don't really want to do.

Reactions: AyeYo
I think I figured out what was happing ….. Its the camera is adding too much DE noise filter as I can re create this with a raw file as the raw file is sharp the JPG is not and has the water color issue (over noise compensation) I put the raw file in photo shop add noise reduce filter and can make it look just like the JPG file……….. So question is where is the option to turn off the noise reduce filter??????

Guys If you want DJI to hear US and to take this problem and fix it please Please voice your issue on this thread I have started on the DJI forum ……. Maybe they will take heed and do something !

Water color sharping Issue!
Water color sharping Issue!

Just went and added my complaint too, this issue is seriously frustrating by now, I've wasted so much time and energy on this, and the answer is a **** simple firmware update !! Grrr

That's a great idea - I'll upload all my info there tonight.

Hopefully with enough good reporting back to DJI it will give the programmes something to work with and the bean counter bosses the incentive to allocate recourses to fixing this issue.

Its a lot easier to fix a software glitch than it is to have to do a recall to upgrade a physical component. Fixing this should be a quick win for them and might restore some of the DJI good will.

Don't recall settings for camera. Was using default opposed to Art, etc. This was a month back:
7d9d09168d1b75c8c1cbc6cb16e0e12c.jpg

69d0fc28679b73d93669271c98eda77d.jpg

This was on my first Mavic, just got my replacement from a crash (not repair of above issue). Hoping to test today.

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

I just asked why DJI didn't repair my mavic and I got a response. Apperently they know about it and say its because the sensor can't handle the cold weather..

Here is the full response:
Hello, thank you for your E-Mail.
The problem with the Mavic itself is that it seems to be that the sensor inside the camera have a problem with cold temperatures under 0° celcius. We tested your Mavic intensive here and the picture was always perfect. Please find attached picture from your copter that was made here.
The best example you can find by yourself. In the last video that you sent (DJI_0092) you can clearly see that the picture is perfectly focused on the beginning of the video and getting worse the higher and longer you flew. We cannot change that.
You can only sell the Mavic and buy another product for example from Phantom series because their cameras are bigger and can handle cold temperatures.

That's horseshit. I've shot clear, sharp pictures as low as 5F.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt