DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mini 4 Pro work on RC PRO Controller

Sadly another reason not to be excited about the Mini 4 Pro , ugh !

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water. and be sad about the Pro Controller

I bought the RC Pro a month before the release of the Air 3. Thought I was investing in the future.

Bought the Air 3 with the RC 2, and was so impressed with O4 that I purchased the Mini 4 Pro. What a waste of $$ the RC pro was now knowing that all future DJI drones will be using O4.

I feel the same way not to mention all the clients I set up, i feel terrible.

It seems this Transmission signal is going to be the New tech inching forward every 6 months for a New Pro Controller.

I wonder how many more drones would have sold had they kept to there Original Business plan.

I would have most likely got all the drones , Now I mix up my Controllers all the time, and are color coded so I can keep track with Pod Covers. Just a mess.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
DJI is notorious for having fragmented and unsupported product lines, where almost *nothing* is backwards compatible. Yes, it makes them more money but at the expensive of customer goodwill.

People have complained about DJI's range, penetration, propensity to drop the signal, etc. for years.
Now they've given us O4 which seems to have improved all of the above.
They gave us what we've asked for. Progress.
I've laid out quite a bit of money this past year, including the RC pro weeks before O4 was revealed. I'm a bit disappointed that my "investment" in the RC Pro was a bust, but I am really happy with both the Air 3 and M4P and look forward to new models coming out.
And I really appreciate DJI making the Goggles and MC compatible with so many camera drones, including the Air 3.

I love my RC Pro controller for all the reasons that have been discussed numerous times in many other threads, but it I do find it disappointing that it appears that DJI will not be making it compatible with future drones that like the Mini 4 that use the O4 tech. It's too bad that they cannot release some kind of firmware update to make it compatible with the newer drones.

Now that DJI has been releasing and updating the low cost screened DJI RC's and including them with all their consumer drone packages, is it practical for them to release a high end/high priced Pro controller to the consumer market in the form of an updated RC Pro 2?

For me right now, my RC Pro works with my recently purchased Mavic 3 Pro and my Mini 3 Pro. I have no desire to purchase any new drone with O4 tech as I have never had any signal quality problems with my RC Pro with either of my drones and being able to carry and use the RC Pro with all its advantages with both of my drones is the perfect setup for me.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead