DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does my camera quality look right?

When you control your shutter, you will see the histogram move. You want everything roughly in the center on the histogram. Don't use the zebra option; the histogram is more accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thank you.

I've turned the Histogram on and had a play around and it's all starting to make sense now!

Can you explain how to do that in a way that somebody who knows nothing about photography will understand?!!!

EDIT: I've just watched Toms Tech video which explains how it's done! Thumbswayup
Glad you're getting it.

The right hand wheel on your controller (if it is set up that way) generally will change your overall exposure, and there are different exposure settings on the right hand screen under the shutter button.
Your best bet for now will be to set exposure to AE. Click under your shutter button, first icon on top row, then second line down, pick Auto, until you learn more, which factor to change and why.
You'll get it! Learning and mastering photography, and videography is half the fun of flying a drone, IMO.

I'm confused on what exactly ND filters do. The stills looke washed out but the video looks good.

I'm confused on what exactly ND filters do. The stills looke washed out but the video looks good.
There are times when you just want to reduce the amount of light coming into the camera, to get a specific effect, such as slowing down the shutter speed.

In other words, you've already reduced the ISO as far as it will go, and your shutter speed is still higher than you would like, the only way to reduce the light further, is with an ND filter.

Slower shutter speeds do two things. They reduce the jello effect and they give motion blur to your video, for a more realistic cinematic effect.

In cameras with adjustable apertures, less light gives you less depth of field, another useful effect, although this is not available on the Mavic camera.

There are times when you just want to reduce the amount of light coming into the camera, to get a specific effect, such as slowing down the shutter speed.

In other words, you've already reduced the ISO as far as it will go, and your shutter speed is still higher than you would like, the only way to reduce the light further, is with an ND filter.

Slower shutter speeds do two things. They reduce the jello effect and they give motion blur to your video, for a more realistic cinematic effect.

In cameras with adjustable apertures, less light gives you less depth of field, another useful effect, although this is not available on the Mavic camera.

Ok thank you.

Photo blur with drones is often due to stability issues. Just think how easy it is to blur moving pics with a hand held and the drone is now hovering with lots of vibrations. The mavic gimbal is also delicate, so probably more susceptible to the problem (but also seen with pro 4 under certain circumstances). I would test on the ground under non flight conditions. If u still have blur, then it's a problem, but u flew higher, which probably means more wind so blur might happen.

Yes still wondering if the price is right if this blur is expected. I have a thread on dji forum to try get info for gimbal problems in general. But they are trying to solve a hard problem: Perfect stability at micro levels.

EDIT: I've just watched Toms Tech video which explains how it's done!

Forum tip: If you find the answer to your own question, it always helps other people on the forum for you to relate that answer and/or provide a link to where you found the answer.

I think you mean this video:

Forum tip: If you find the answer to your own question, it always helps other people on the forum for you to relate that answer and/or provide a link to where you found the answer.

I think you mean this video:

Thats the video Thumbswayup

I'll remember the forum tip........it makes a lot of sense.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet