DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does my camera quality look right?

Buzz

Reactions
Hi all,

Had my mavic a month now and I love it, it's my first drone and after reading some threads on here about the camera being blurry in parts of the shot I wanted to add a video and some pictures to get your opinions.

Do they look okay?

Yes. But you should definitely buy some ND filters. I have the TACO MC set and I'm very happy with them.

Those little jerky moments... At 21secs for example... Please tell me the nd filters stop that....

Just like OP, I'm getting them - had hoped it was jello related and hence treatable with nd filters. Awaiting dji opinion...

Just like OP, I'm getting them - had hoped it was jello related and hence treatable with nd filters. Awaiting dji opinion...

Around 21 seconds is where I started to gain some altitude so maybe that has something to do with it?

Whereas yours seems to be consistent throughout!

If I try to zoom in on a photo I've taken it seems really fuzzy. I'm going to look at some filters though.

For £1000 one would expect to be able to change altitude without the gimbal crapping about...

Your photos look OK apart from being overexposed, use the provided tools (histogram/zebra) to properly set exposure compensation. Video looks good too.

You do need some ND filters, those stills are washed out, try Film-H with a -1 on all three parameters and see if that helps. As for your video glitches I have no clue, as others have stated it almost looks like some interference in the camera circuitry, doesn't look like jello at all. Sorry I couldn't help.

You do need some ND filters, those stills are washed out, try Film-H with a -1 on all three parameters and see if that helps. As for your video glitches I have no clue, as others have stated it almost looks like some interference in the camera circuitry, doesn't look like jello at all. Sorry I couldn't help.
Was looking for Film H last night after reading 1 of ur posts. Didnt find and using D cinematic worh the -1 on all. If it came on the new firmware update(12/26), then i dont have it. I went out today and did some stills and video, pretty happy so far with it.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Hi all,

Had my mavic a month now and I love it, it's my first drone and after reading some threads on here about the camera being blurry in parts of the shot I wanted to add a video and some pictures to get your opinions.

Do they look okay?
Your stills are overexposed. Increase the shutter speed or lower the ISO until the EV value on the screen is 0. You do not need ND filters for that.

Reactions: Kilrah
Your stills are overexposed. Increase the shutter speed or lower the ISO until the EV value on the screen is 0. You do not need ND filters for that.

Can you explain how to do that in a way that somebody who knows nothing about photography will understand?!!!

EDIT: I've just watched Toms Tech video which explains how it's done! Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Your photos look OK apart from being overexposed, use the provided tools (histogram/zebra) to properly set exposure compensation. Video looks good too.

I had no idea Histogram existed until reading your post!! I've turned it on and I'm just trying to learn what I need to adjust to get the Histogram looking okay now.

On my MacBook I have got the washed out photo's looking a lot better by using the auto enhance option.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones