DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking To The Future

Murph66

Reactions
I'm looking for some advice from you all, I reach official state pension age in August, In Ireland that's two years older than God's dog, and will will be entitled to a serious amount of funds per month after paying into the system since I was 16 and believe me I'm gonna enjoy it, so, looking to the future I plan to buy a second drone (Dave the Mini 2 SE will still be part of the fleet Thumbswayup ) So after a lot of searching I think I've narrowed it down to two choices , with a budget of around €1500, I'm torn at the moment between a DJI Mini 4 Pro combo with RC 2 controller, and a DJI Air 3 fly more combo, with RC 2 controller. I'm drawn to the Air 3 as it apparently will fare much better in high winds (a bonus here giving me more days to fly) along with It's Dual-camera system and slightly longer flight time, I realise that at 720g, I'll need to register here. I'd appreciate your thoughts as I've definitely got the bug now, any Air 3 owners on here ??? I'd love to hear from you, Thanks in anticipation ........
Murph ☘️

Last edited:
Reactions: 4006448
I'm looking for some advice from you all, I reach official state pension age in August, In Ireland that's two years older than God's dog, and will will be entitled to a serious amount of funds per month after paying into the system since I was 16 and believe me I'm gonna enjoy it, so, looking to the future I plan to buy a second drone (Dave the Mini 2 SE will still be part of the fleet Thumbswayup ) So after a lot of searching I think I've narrowed it down to two choices , with a budget of around €1500, I'm torn at the moment between a DJI Mini 4 Pro combo with RC 2 controller, and a DJI Air 3 fly more combo, with RC 2 controller. I'm drawn to the Air 3 as it apparently will fare much better in high winds (a bonus here giving me more days to fly) along with It's Dual-camera system and slightly longer flight time, I realise that at 720g, I'll need to register here. I'd appreciate your thoughts as I've definitely got the bug now, any Air 3 owners on here ??? I'd love to hear from you, Thanks in anticipation ........
Murph ☘️
There's a pretty good range of options for 'beefier drones' around a similar price.
Autel lite (good camera package)
Autel lite+ (excellent camera). Both of the above use a different kind of sensor to the RGGB in DJI drones, which really opens up the possibilities for low light/night shooting.
Autel EVO 2 6K/8K (proper heavyweight that packs a good set of specs in to a folding quad) but at the higher end of your budget.
Air 3 (obviously)

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Save some funds for other retirement fun. There are plenty of Mavic 2 Pro’s available. One of the best aircraft DJI has produced. Wind is not as much of an issue with this one compared to your other choices. Flys better than the Mavic 3 Pro in my opinion. I’ve renamed the M3 Pro to “twitchy”.

Murph ☘️
I was impressed with the Mavic Mini 4 Pro, Check this video out. Has benefits of lower weights for UK and better obstacle avoidance and great camera. I presently have Mini 2 and Mavic 3 ( a beast in wind).

Dale

Reactions: Murph66
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones