DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does new Mavic Air 2 makes Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom obsolete?

Jinesh

Reactions
As you might know DJI Mavic Air 2 releases in less than 24h and we know pretty much everything about it specs wise.
It comes with 4k/60fps video or 240fps FULL HD, can take 48 MP photos and 8K Hyperlapses.It also has 34min flight time and Active Track 3.0 + 10km range with occusync 2.0
All of those stats beat the Mavic 2 lineup completely and I wonder if there is any point of getting either Zoom or Pro at this moment.
BTW I bought Mavic 2 Zoom few weeks back and I'm now feeling like a fool - I knew Mavic Air 2 was coming, I just didnt expect it to be such an overkill when it comes to literally every spec compared to older Mavics

As you might know DJI Mavic Air 2 releases in less than 24h and we know pretty much everything about it specs wise.
It comes with 4k/60fps video or 240fps FULL HD, can take 48 MP photos and 8K Hyperlapses.It also has 34min flight time and Active Track 3.0 + 10km range with occusync 2.0
All of those stats beat the Mavic 2 lineup completely and I wonder if there is any point of getting either Zoom or Pro at this moment.
BTW I bought Mavic 2 Zoom few weeks back and I'm now feeling like a fool - I knew Mavic Air 2 was coming, I just didnt expect it to be such an overkill when it comes to literally every spec compared to older Mavics
There is no comparison among the three aircraft. MA2 is simply cheaper, and more of a beginner drone. It offers no optical zoom, unlike the M2Z, and its sensor is 1/4 the size of the 1” sensor of the M2P. Apples and oranges and pears!

Not at all, this is just a new model and yes, easy to fly but the other models have their advantages. AND ... all this spec is just in theory, in practice you will find the values in this spec are not exactly the same ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Lionfish
There is no comparison among the three aircraft. MA2 is simply cheaper, and more of a beginner drone. It offers no optical zoom, unlike the M2Z, and its sensor is 1/4 the size of the 1” sensor of the M2P. Apples and oranges and pears!
Wrong MA2 has a 1/2" CMOS sensor.

What kind of question is that ??.
Does you car become obsolete,when the new model appears at the dealership. ??
What about your electronics do you buy a new phone , tv , laptop , tablet etc every time a new model shows on tv .
How many people on the forum are still flying older model drones , like the spark , the pro platinum , the phantom etc to name a few and not forgetting the mavic air 1.

I bought my m2z full well knowing the ma2 was coming out , but I did my research and determined the zoom was the drone that best suited my need and I have no regret at all.

Please try to find something valuable to post on the forum and if you can’t well don’t bother “Sir”.

Reactions: boredom.is.me
I use my optical zoom all the time - the longer focal length allows me to shoot from safer distances and creates more dynamic foreground/background movement than the std wide angle.

All of those stats beat the Mavic 2 lineup completely and I wonder if there is any point of getting either Zoom or Pro at this moment https://trackeasy.fun/usps/ https://showbox.tools/ http://essaywriter.fun/.
yeah i got it how to make it happen...

Unfortunately, M2P can only produce what's effectively 2.7k video due to over heating problem :

60 fps is a joke compared with 30 fps. My own test :

Must be a problem unique to the cameras tested. My M2P's have no such issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet