DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does recurrent Part 107 training/exam/cert extend Part 107 license period?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I believe I read that taking the online recurrent Part 107 exam and passing extends the validity of the Part 107 certification that was granted after passing the initial test. Is that true and if so, how long does it extend the current certificate one holds?

To the end of the month, 24 months after the date of the test.
Thanks. I just completed the recurrent test and as I got my Part 107 Oct 1st of last year it gives me an extra year. I did the refresher course first because there are new rules in place. At least the online recurrent exam is free and doesn't have the sectional maps, intricate weather questions and fixed aircraft loading and airport procedures of the big initial test.

Reactions: sar104
I believe I read that taking the online recurrent Part 107 exam and passing extends the validity of the Part 107 certification that was granted after passing the initial test. Is that true and if so, how long does it extend the current certificate one holds?
Yes it does to the last day of the 24th month from the date of your last cert or recert ( recurrency ) …. I would suggest every PILOT here pick up a copy of the FAA FAR/AIM. This is the FAA regulations bible. Everything tyou ever wanted to know FAA AIRSPACE and ALL the current rules we have to live by.. their are downloads for this book online which I use to save all the trees. LOL. this is valuable information ..

Last edited:
Reactions: vindibona1
Yes it does to the last day of the 24th month from the date of your last cert or recert ( recurrency ) …. I would suggest every PILOT here pick up a copy of the FAA FAR/AIM. This is the FAA regulations bible. Everything tyou ever wanted to know FAA AIRSPACE and ALL the current rules we have to live by.. their are downloads for this book online which I use to save all the trees. LOL. this is valuable information ..
Thanks. I took the recurrent and was happy to have another year extended as I was one year out from the original test, so now I'm good for 24 more months. It was great to do it online and not to have to go to a testing facility.

The FAA study guide is a great tool and I found that I didn't need to take one of the commercial courses and was lucky enough to find an FAA testing facility (not private) not far away and saved $60 on the test.

Actually you could have waited another year before taking your recurrentcy test..

but now you have another 24 months to fly SAFELY :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje