DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e work with the Mavic Mini?

RidgePerson

Reactions
We planning on buying a Mavic Mini and are looking at tablets that will work with the Fly app. Do any of you use the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e? Is the screen bright enough for a reasonably bright day? Thanks for any and all input.

I don't have the Mini but I can answer some of your questions. The S5e is very bright, much easier to see than an iPad Mini. The aspect ratio more closely matched the 16:9 video format so there is little wasted space on the screen. The bezels are narrow so again no wasted space. It has GPS built in without paying extra for cellular model. It does load and run the Fly app.

Reactions: Faster and davery87
I bought an S5e just to fly my MM. OK, I needed a new tablet anyway, and this is a great all around tablet, but it works great with my Mini.

Thank you, ToTheSummit. Your reply and that of LivinLarge have been a great help. Again, thank you.

I use a Tab 5Se with both a MPP and various Phantom models, and it is great with both. Handles bright sunlight with ease and good audio for the verbal warnings and msgs in the DJI applications (Go4 and DJI Pilot). Only issue is the same with almost every Android phone or tablet in that it won't let you plug in without charging the tablet with your controller handset. But the negative power draw is not too high for the benefits it provides.

Happy flying!

davery87, thanks for the great info. All of the good, positive info made it possible for me to move ahead with a purchase of the S5e. Now just becoming familiar with the tablet while we wait for the Mini.

I'm considering this tablet for my MM. What mounts do you use on the controller for this tablet?

Thanks!

I'm considering this tablet for my MM. What mounts do you use on the controller for this tablet?

Thanks!
KB4MTO - I have personally used the DJI brand "Mavic/Spark Remote Controller Tablet Holder" that you can order from DJI, Amazon and any authorized DJI dealer outlet. It adjusts to hold just about any tablet, including the 5Se, and is made to fit into the R/C controller's phone slots on the controller for the Mini, Spark, and Mavic series.
Link: Buy Mavic/Spark Remote Controller Tablet Holder - DJI Store OR Amazon.com : DJI Mavic 2 Part 20 Remote Controller Tablet Holder : Camera & Photo

You can also use very good mounts by Polar Pro (Amazon.com : Polar Pro MVC-TB-MN Mavic Tablet Mount - Black : Camera & Photo ) and
MavMount (YouTube)

Both of those are noted in the following videos from FlytPath:
AND

Reactions: ff22
KB4MTO - I have personally used the DJI brand "Mavic/Spark Remote Controller Tablet Holder" that you can order from DJI, Amazon and any authorized DJI dealer outlet. It adjusts to hold just about any tablet, including the 5Se, and is made to fit into the R/C controller's phone slots on the controller for the Mini, Spark, and Mavic series.
Link: Buy Mavic/Spark Remote Controller Tablet Holder - DJI Store OR Amazon.com : DJI Mavic 2 Part 20 Remote Controller Tablet Holder : Camera & Photo

You can also use very good mounts by Polar Pro (Amazon.com : Polar Pro MVC-TB-MN Mavic Tablet Mount - Black : Camera & Photo ) and
MavMount (YouTube)

Both of those are noted in the following videos from FlytPath:
AND

Awesome, thanks. :)?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman