DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Mavic 3E have Geofencing?

DFS

Reactions
We were using a Mavic Pro 2 for mapping and it was a **** pain not letting us fly every time we tried an area remotely near a local even small airport. We even tried getting authorization through the app and that never worked. We don't even fly high just having to scan certain low buildings. I was looking at the Mavic 3E with RTK for it's mapping capabilities but I don't want to end up traveling to a job site just to find out the **** drone will not even take off. I used an Autel Evo II Pro one time when the Mavic 2 Pro left me stranded and it worked like a charm, no issues taking off just a warning. But I need the better quality of the Mavic 3E with RTK.

Yes... all DJI drones operate under the restrictions from the DJI Fly Safe...

DJI Fly Safe in general HERE

And the Fly Safe map so you can check possible restrictions on your computer HERE

Reactions: Mike@Dragonfly
Thank you for the info, I might have to look into this further. The fly safe is the only issue I have, because when I needed authorization, the app never seem to work to get it.

Reactions: Frank Dracman
I get authorizations quite frequently and they work great with the M3E. What exactly is the issue?

I get authorizations quite frequently and they work great with the M3E. What exactly is the issue?
I used a M2P for a couple of years, everytime I needed authorization I tried to get it through the app. Never worked. Would always leave me stuck so had to use Autel. The M3E looks great and I want to use it, but I don't want to be stuck out in the feild again. Sometimes I have to fly right near airports, at very low altitude mind you. But dji will not let you, Autel will.

Thank you for the info, I might have to look into this further. The fly safe is the only issue I have, because when I needed authorization, the app never seem to work to get it.
I have the same experience with my Mini 2. The worst part it has happened several times where B4UFLY and the FAA say the location has no restrictions.

No doubt there are horror stories to be had, but so far, everywhere I have needed to fly, that is fenced, I got a unlock from DJI. Always connect to internet at home to get the unlock, and have never had it fail to work as needed in the field.

Also, I have noticed that their unlocks are very very fast. The approvals that require human review come back in minutes. I have flown about 20 pages of stuff with my M3E requiring unlocks. Never an issue.
Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 17.05.20.png

Thank you for all the info guys. Well I bought the Mavic 3E Rtk, we will see how it goes. How is the internal mapping app versus say drone deploy? Will I still be better off using drone deploy or is the internal mapping app better? Maybe I should start a new thread about this.

I have Mavic 3T Enterprise. Frequently do unlocks. No issues. DJI is now very responsive to requests. 24/7 through the Flysafe request. I Always upload and validate unlock is loaded on the controller the day before. I have to say that process has come a long way. Still don't like it, but not loosing jobs over it anymore

Reactions: Spartan Drones
I have Mavic 3T Enterprise. Frequently do unlocks. No issues. DJI is now very responsive to requests. 24/7 through the Flysafe request. I Always upload and validate unlock is loaded on the controller the day before. I have to say that process has come a long way. Still don't like it, but not loosing jobs over it anymore
That is very good too hear

Just get approval first. It literally takes a minute or less in alot of cases. Sometimes more, but if you get in the routine and you show you have you Part 107 license, you will be more than likely get the geo fence unlocked at your request within minutes.

good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan