DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 3E - what apps, remote ID, mapping and more?

kennobby

Reactions
Hello drone enthusiasts,

I have recently purchased a Mavic 3E with the intention to use it for mapping a grid mission to fly over fields. I am using these images to create an orthomosaic to analyze crops for my thesis. The drone I used originally was the Mavic 2 Pro. To fly a grid mission I utilized PIX4Dcapture and the DJI GO 4 app. To achieve the same goal with my new Mavic 3E, I am hoping to use PIX4Dcapture PRO & the PIX4Dcloud license. I am unsure what DJI app will be needed with this drone. In addition, I needed to purchase a remote module ID for my MAVIC 2 PRO in order to be in compliance with the new FAA laws regarding location tracking. Will attach a link below:

I want to ensure the apps I am using will allow me to do what I need to do for my thesis, and also inquire if the Mavic 3E is in need of an additional remote ID module or if it is built in? Can anyone offer me advice, their experience, or critique? This is tricky for me due to my timeline.

Thanks,

Fellow Drone-Head

RID will be required for the Mavic 2 Pro beginning on March 16, 2024. DJI has announced that they plan to release a firmware update that will enable RID on the Mavic 2 Pro by December 31, 2023.

You really do not need Pix4D Capture (Pro) as DJI Pilot 2 has built in mapping image acqusition.

Pix4D Cloud will let you use images collected from any image acqusition app so you really do not need anything else. Use DJI Pilot 2 to gather your images and then upload them to the cloud. I always remove the SD Card from the drone, place in a PC with an adaptor, save in a folder and then upload to Pix4D Cloud.

Hello drone enthusiasts,

I have recently purchased a Mavic 3E with the intention to use it for mapping a grid mission to fly over fields. I am using these images to create an orthomosaic to analyze crops for my thesis. The drone I used originally was the Mavic 2 Pro. To fly a grid mission I utilized PIX4Dcapture and the DJI GO 4 app. To achieve the same goal with my new Mavic 3E, I am hoping to use PIX4Dcapture PRO & the PIX4Dcloud license. I am unsure what DJI app will be needed with this drone. In addition, I needed to purchase a remote module ID for my MAVIC 2 PRO in order to be in compliance with the new FAA laws regarding location tracking. Will attach a link below:

I want to ensure the apps I am using will allow me to do what I need to do for my thesis, and also inquire if the Mavic 3E is in need of an additional remote ID module or if it is built in? Can anyone offer me advice, their experience, or critique? This is tricky for me due to my timeline.

Thanks,

Fellow Drone-Head
Ken, give DJI a call 1-818-235-0789. They're awesome! I've recently gotten a M3E and I've called them a few times over the last few days. Plus contact them at [email protected] and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Good luck!!

Ken, give DJI a call 1-818-235-0789. They're awesome! I've recently gotten a M3E and I've called them a few times over the last few days. Plus contact them at [email protected] and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Good luck!!
The Mavic 3E is remote ID ready...no modual needed. I've found the native Pilot 2 app that comes with the M3E works well for data capture .

Reactions: CertDroneMedia
The Pilot 2 app doesn't have a double grid feature. Quick way around this is to copy your first flight plan and change the course angle 90' and save it. You can then load up that flight plan after the first flight finish. Pause the flight then upload the next flight plan.

Reactions: ridemgis