DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Mavic Air 2 work with LITCHI ?

Mavic Air 1 SDK was released about 3-4months after Mavic Air 1 release, so if history is anything to go by, Q4 seems like a (reasonably) long release time, whereby hopefully they will be able to hold. Maybe the more pertinent question is if one of the more lacking features in Fly app which is the waypoints / automated flight missions are going to be supported or not.

DJI emailed me that the SDK will be available mid December.
Typically how long does it take between when they release the SDK and the Litchi group is able to update their app to work with a particular aircraft?

I bought an Air 2 months ago with the full understanding that there was no way of knowing for sure when Litchi would work but at the same time hopeful that it would be sooner than later. Looks like later is the winner but now it seems that the appropriate cliche may be "better late than never". :)

Typically how long does it take between when they release the SDK and the Litchi group is able to update their app to work with a particular aircraft?

I bought an Air 2 months ago with the full understanding that there was no way of knowing for sure when Litchi would work but at the same time hopeful that it would be sooner than later. Looks like later is the winner but now it seems that the appropriate cliche may be "better late than never". :)

When DJI released the SDK for the Mavic Mini a couple months ago, Litchi had a beta out with support for the MM within a week or so.

If you’re looking to use waypoints the rumor is that the MA2 (SDK) will NOT support or have that functionality. If you don’t plan to use waypoints the MA2 is a great drone. I used to use waypoints all the time before my MPP broke in the spring. I bought an MA2 believing DJI would eventually provide that feature being the MA already had it. It would appear I am wrong in that belief.

The Mini has no waypoints at all, but Litchi and Dronelink both support waypoint missions for the Mini. The waypoints are supported by the “virtual sticks” that both programs use to allow the Mini to do things it cannot do natively. I have little doubt that waypoints will be supported for the MA2.

Reactions: Airmaxx23
The Mini has no waypoints at all, but Litchi and Dronelink both support waypoint missions for the Mini. The waypoints are supported by the “virtual sticks” that both programs use to allow the Mini to do things it cannot do natively. I have little doubt that waypoints will be supported for the MA2.
?

You have to give Litchi some time to make it happen. They usually are fast.

whyt Litchi over the AIR app? I bought Litchi long ago for phatoms but been out of it for years. Just got Mavic 2air - but why use it instead of the Mavic app? sorry been away and I have no idea. (maybe no restrictions?)

Reactions: chankc28
whyt Litchi over the AIR app? I bought Litchi long ago for phatoms but been out of it for years. Just got Mavic 2air - but why use it instead of the Mavic app? sorry been away and I have no idea. (maybe no restrictions?)

The restrictions are the same as with DJI Fly. But Litchi adds Waypoint support. You can plan a mission ahead of time and have the drone automatically fly the planned path.

The restrictions are the same as with DJI Fly. But Litchi adds Waypoint support. You can plan a mission ahead of time and have the drone automatically fly the planned path.
thanks I had done that with litchi long ago. I thought the AIR app would too? Seems I saw someone do it on youtube, buiy I THINK he has to fly to the point to make it a way point. Where Litchi let me do it on the map without flying.

I dunno if I will need to do pre-way point flights. It is cool to design one then watch it fly it and shoot each planned shot along the way.

thanks I had done that with litchi long ago. I thought the AIR app would too? Seems I saw someone do it on youtube, buiy I THINK he has to fly to the point to make it a way point. Where Litchi let me do it on the map without flying.

I dunno if I will need to do pre-way point flights. It is cool to design one then watch it fly it and shoot each planned shot along the way.

On the Air 2 in the Fly app there's only support for waypoint hyperlapses, not regular flights.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair