DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Mavic Air 2 work with LITCHI ?

I would not hold your breath waiting on DJI. There are no guarantees or even a promise of a date.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thank You - Probably best to wait?
Or is it a given the they will release the SDK with support for the Mavic Air 2 ?

If Litchi support is essential for you, then I would probably suggest waiting. I'm fairly sure DJI will release SDK support for this new model, but there is no way to know for sure when they will actually do so. It could be a while.

If Litchi support is essential for you, then I would probably suggest waiting. I'm fairly sure DJI will release SDK support for this new model, but there is no way to know for sure when they will actually do so. It could be a while.

I guess I will have to wait.
I prefer this Air 2 over Pro 2 but I would go with the Pro 2 if Air 2 will not support it.

Does the Mavic Air 2 work with LITCHI ? - I have one in my shopping cart and going to buy if it does.
Neither recent model--the Mini nor MA2--support the current SDK. I imagine DJI will release a new SDK, but only time will tell ('cause DJI sure isn't!).

It’ll happen eventually. The makers of Litchi would be crazy to not do something for the Fly app drones. Something tells me all drones going forward are going to use variations of the Fly app platform.

Litchi (and other 3rd party) support was close enough to essential to me. After a week of having an A2 preordered, I canceled and should be getting a M2P from FedEx Tuesday.

As for Fly vs Go. I don’t think they will kill Go, but they are trying to separate their market segments. Last go round they did that with WiFi vs OccuSync. Now they are adding OccuSync, but took away Go.

To put things into perspective they havent released SDK for Mavic Mini which is close to half a year now. If that's any benchmark to go by......

To put things into perspective they havent released SDK for Mavic Mini which is close to half a year now. If that's any benchmark to go by......

It’s not necessarily the case that because the Mini SDK has been absent for going on 6 months, that the MA2 will take at least that long as well..

Keep in mind that DJI knew that they would be releasing the Air2, probably for a long time. These are both Fly app drones. It stands to reason that they wouldn’t release that SDK until they could bundle them together. I’ll bet when the update comes it’ll be with both drones’ support.

It’s not necessarily the case that because the Mini SDK has been absent for going on 6 months, that the MA2 will take at least that long as well..

Keep in mind that DJI knew that they would be releasing the Air2, probably for a long time. These are both Fly app drones. It stands to reason that they wouldn’t release that SDK until they could bundle them together. I’ll bet when the update comes it’ll be with both drones’ support.
I think your speculation is as good as mine. The only major caveat here is there is NO precedence, in terms of whatever functions can or cannot be supported by the SDK. Negatively speculating, who knows the SDK is a dud that only allows minimal access. Unlike Go4 and supported devices, you are much better in a place to speculate.

A new Sdk is a big deal. It takes lots of testing over many different conditions to make sure it is safe.

unless they plan to make their own version of Litchi, they will probably release a new sdk eventually. It may ultimately replace the existing one, as the basic functionality’s are very similar.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa