DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Automated Dolly Zoom

closetmonster

Reactions
Does anyone know if there is an automated dolly zoom for Mavic Air 2? I have attempted dolly zoom manually but it’s a little too much for me to handle. I was just curious if maybe there was a way to ‘automate’ the process with Litchi or one of the other flying apps out there.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the subject.

If you are referring to a 'cable cam' type movement where you move the drone along a line between 2 fixed points varying the speed and camera direction, I dont think it is possible with VSC drones (which the Air 2 is).

This from the Litchi Forum:

The ability to vary the speed during a mission (ex: cable cam) is only available on the older drones that actually upload the waypoints to the aircraft. The newer, DJI Fly drones do not have this feature.

Yes, Litchi added support for the Air 2 in October 2021.
But, there is a big difference between drones that have on-board waypoints (models that use the Go4 app) and VSC models (that use the Go Fly app).
On VSC models, all functions are controlled the RC includin speed which cant be overridden. Manual speed changes are not available on VSC drones.

i believe thats called a rail cam I use it all the time but now i,m going to get to try it with a zoom huh! glad you brought that up

Don't have the Mavic Air 2, do I don't have the answer. Is it one of the drones that has Cruise Control. If so he could start his flight and then hit Cruise Control and the drone will continue in that direction and speed until he stops it.

Don't have the Mavic Air 2, do I don't have the answer. Is it one of the drones that has Cruise Control. If so he could start his flight and then hit Cruise Control and the drone will continue in that direction and speed until he stops it.
No Cruise Control (at least natively) with the MA2. This video is the Air 2 S but for all intents and purposes, the same drone with a different camera.
As far as automated goes though, since you have to manually operate the zoom, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

No Cruise Control (at least natively) with the MA2. This video is the Air 2 S but for all intents and purposes, the same drone with a different camera.
As far as automated goes though, since you have to manually operate the zoom, I'm afraid you're out of luck.
Ok, it sounds like my best bet is to maybe use Maven? Or Litchi (I like Litchi because I’ve used it more) to have the drone fly autonomously while I operate the zoom.

Does anyone know if there is an automated dolly zoom for Mavic Air 2? I have attempted dolly zoom manually but it’s a little too much for me to handle. I was just curious if maybe there was a way to ‘automate’ the process with Litchi or one of the other flying apps out there.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the subject.
Maven does this very well. It requires the pilot to control the zoom. The fly too/ away for the dolly is achieved using the Cable Cam effect in Co-Pilot. That is provided it works on your drone. DJI need to have released the sdk. Can be done with Litchi, but it is a work around.

Reactions: closetmonster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13