DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does this app work for MM

HyTower617

Reactions
35D09056-E5A4-40FB-8ADC-79B2DC16C137.pngDoes this app work for Mavic Mini? I keep hearing about this SDK stuff... any help, anyone in the US use this app?

The description of the app is very clear in which UAS models are supported...

Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro, Mavic Air/Pro, Phantom 4 Normal/Advanced/Pro/ProV2, Phantom 3 Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional, Inspire 1 X3/Z3/Pro/RAW, Inspire 2, Spark

The description of the app is very clear in which UAS models are supported...

Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro, Mavic Air/Pro, Phantom 4 Normal/Advanced/Pro/ProV2, Phantom 3 Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional, Inspire 1 X3/Z3/Pro/RAW, Inspire 2, Spark

I know that... but I keep reading about this Litchi and SDK app/program/software whatever you want to call it lol... I was just wondering if this was the app

I know that... but I keep reading about this Litchi and SDK app/program/software whatever you want to call it lol... I was just wondering if this was the app
It is a multi-step process.

First DJI must release the SDK that supports a given drone. This has just occurred for the MM.

Then the developer of a given app (in this case Litchi) must use the updated SDK so that they can then support that given drone (in this case the MM). How long this process takes is completely up to the developer. It can take a few days to a few months or more, depending on the complexity of the SDK and the resources of the developer.

The only thing that can be done is to wait until Litchi announces they can now support the MM.

It is a multi-step process.

First DJI must release the SDK that supports a given drone. This has just occurred for the MM.

Then the developer of a given app (in this case Litchi) must use the updated SDK so that they can then support that given drone (in this case the MM). How long this process takes is completely up to the developer. It can take a few days to a few months or more, depending on the complexity of the SDK and the resources of the developer.

The only thing that can be done is to wait until Litchi announces they can now support the MM.

ohhh okay now I get it!! Pardon me and my questions as I’m still kinda new to Drone’in

Reactions: petedffy
Think of an SDK as OEM provided doors for third parties to use to control through the OEM app. SDK documentation is a map on what's behind those doors and how to navigate through them. It is then up to the third party app developers to make use of the doors with their software.

PS: the benefits of using SDKs rather than hacking into the OEM app is that access through the SDK will be supported on OEM updates, but there are no guarantees with hacks as the location of where the hack works may change.

Completely unknown is the total interchange necessary between the drone and Litchi or other sw for safe flight. Lots of real time bi-directional communications are required. Far more than just waypoint information.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hbbill