DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does this look normal?

FlyingFilmmaker

Reactions
Site
flyingfilmmakerpro.com
I've just gotten a used Mavic pro, (upgrading from P3A) and there's a little bump in the footage when I start or stop flying (without easing in/out) (I'm not in Sport Mode) . I am trying to figure out if this is normal for the Mavics, or if I've got a defective one. Here's a video illustrating what footage looks like (near the beginning and end of the clip).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is this normal for the MP, or is there something wrong?
Thanks everyone!

If you saw the drone while stopping and starting forward motion it is very abrupt unless you do it gradually.
Your options are stop and start more gently, or cut out short clips where the gimbal practically hits the stops.

If you saw the drone while stopping and starting forward motion it is very abrupt unless you do it gradually.
Your options are stop and start more gently, or cut out short clips where the gimbal practically hits the stops.
Yes, I've seen that. So are you saying that this is normal? If it normal is I'm perfectly fine with that because I usually cut the clips short, but I'm just trying to find out if it is a defect or not, so I can return it if it's messed up.

I'm not seeing what you are describing in this piece of video at all ...???
If you are getting a 'bump' you might ease that out by putting the Mav Pro in 'Cinema' mode.

I'm not seeing what you are describing in this piece of video at all ...???
If you are getting a 'bump' you might ease that out by putting the Mav Pro in 'Cinema' mode.
At the beginning and end of the clip (when I start and stop flying), there is a little up/down movement of the gimbal. Just makes the image go up or down a bit.

Looks normal to me. I think you might be expecting more than the technology can give.

Reactions: FlyingFilmmaker
I've just gotten a used Mavic pro, (upgrading from P3A) and there's a little bump in the footage when I start or stop flying (without easing in/out) (I'm not in Sport Mode) . I am trying to figure out if this is normal for the Mavics, or if I've got a defective one. Here's a video illustrating what footage looks like (near the beginning and end of the clip).

Is this normal for the MP, or is there something wrong?
Thanks everyone!
The Mavic Pro has an intended behavior issue where the gimbal will jerk down if you accelerate too quickly and your gimbal is pointed up, level or even slightly pointed down. It’s to prevent the gimbal from hitting its mechanical stop and or hitting the top of the aircraft. It’s necessary but it drives me bonkers.

Looks like your gimbal is tilted up in this shot. This is expected. I guess the Mavic‘s gimbal is housed in the fuselage and is a bit more agile than the Phantom you notice it a lot more.

The faster you accelerate, particularly into the wind and the higher you have your gimbal tilted the worse the phenomenon. If you really step on the gas it can jerk like a good 20 degrees down or more. Here’s an extreme example

Reactions: FlyingFilmmaker
Yes, this is normal. The aircraft tilts so much when you start and stop, even in normal mode, the gimbal compansates for all of the angle change(attitude), but the phisics are that the camera phisicaly changes in elevation when the aircraft tilts.

Thanks everyone for your input. Does seem like it's pretty normal, and it doesn't really bother me, since I rarely use the whole clip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll