DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does/ will DJI make propeller guards for Mavic Pro 2?

bburnett15

Reactions
Now that FAA is allowing flight over people, i would like to get prop guards for my MP2. I didnt see them in the store- does anyone know if these are available yet?

I had no idea these were available. Thanks to you I found them at B&H for $16, tax and shipping included and just ordered a set. Until now I've not flown my M2 indoors because of it's size, but will be emboldened to do so because it has slow tripod mode that my Mini 2 does not have (Cine mode is really touchy). For $16 it's better to have them and not need them, then need them and not have them.

Word of caution, I think the centre hinge will prove very susceptable to "off the drone" handling so be careful. For this reason mine go back in the box with ALL the original foam block surrounds in place.

Reactions: vindibona1
When I got my M2Z (from B&H) I ordered 2 sets of prop guards. They go on the done each flight. I also spray painted them red (!) for more visibility. Now they provide me a bigger foot print in the sky and the done is easier to see.

Reactions: RaNnaeDawn
When I got my M2Z (from B&H) I ordered 2 sets of prop guards. They go on the done each flight. I also spray painted them red (!) for more visibility. Now they provide me a bigger foot print in the sky and the done is easier to see.
Do you have a product number? I just chatted with B&H and got no where... Thanks!

Have you seen minimized flight time with the guards used? Love the bright paint idea!

I don't think those qualify for flying over people since with those, props can still easily contact skin, especially fingers.

You probably need a prop cage, and even standard ones with wide holes might not qualify. A cage with a screen over the gaps might qualify.

be aware, the prop guards change the profile in the wind, greater resistance, therefore greater chance for a gust to push you off heading. And, coming back into the wind will be harder, battery will not last as long.

I don't think those qualify for flying over people since with those, props can still easily contact skin, especially fingers.

You probably need a prop cage, and even standard ones with wide holes might not qualify. A cage with a screen over the gaps might qualify.
I think Dan is right.
My understanding is the prop guards must fully surround the props, not just from the side/edges as in the earlier products show.
And the new rules aren't in effect yet.....

Prop GUARDS do NOT satisfy the aspect of
•Contains no “exposed rotating parts that would lacerate human skin upon impact with a human being”

Prop CAGES are most likely the only way to get into Operating Over People.

I think Dan is right.
My understanding is the prop guards must fully surround the props, not just from the side/edges as in the earlier products show.
And the new rules aren't in effect yet.....
They go into effect 3/16/2021

•Recurrent training will be available 3/1/21.
•People need to understand they can’t take advantage of Night Ops or OOP until 3/16/21.

They go into effect 3/16/2021

•Recurrent training will be available 3/1/21.
•People need to understand they can’t take advantage of Night Ops or OOP until 3/16/21.
Thanks BigAI07.
Glad that recurrent training will be online and free!
And:
"Compliance dates: Compliance with §§ 89.510 and 89.515 is required September 16, 2022. Compliance with §§ 89.105, 89.110, and 89.115, and subpart C of part 89 is required September 16, 2023."
Here's the link to info:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout