DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doesn't this happen to you?

Th3DroneroGT

Reactions
Hello everyone, I just bought the strobes from Firehouse Technology, and I tried to fly with them at night and I realized that they create interference in my GPS, the drone was going sideways and it seemed like it was flying in ATTI with little precision (it had 15 satellites) and almost ended up in an accident.

and I was checking the flight logs and almost all the logs in airdata are orange in the GPS that they say? before I did not pass that with the light.

I calibrated the compass several times and nothing

Last edited:
Strange... first I’ve seen of this. Does removing the strobe resolve the issue?
Have you contacted Firehouse for suggestions.

Strange... first I’ve seen of this. Does removing the strobe resolve the issue?
Have you contacted Firehouse for suggestions.
I did several tests one without the light and if there was stability and already with the light I lost some stability, what I will try is to locate the light somewhere else where the battery is placed, since I bought the accessory that is located at the bottom of the drone.

I did several tests one without the light and if there was stability and already with the light I lost some stability, what I will try is to locate the light somewhere else where the battery is placed, since I bought the accessory that is located at the bottom of the drone.
Good idea! Please post your results after relocation of the light.

Reactions: Th3DroneroGT
:( I just ordered both the strobe and the belly mount. Which strobe did you order?
Its really the only practical place to mount a strobe on a Mini.

:( I just ordered both the strobe and the belly mount. Which strobe did you order?
Its really the only practical place to mount a strobe on a Mini.
I think it must be a problem of interference here where I live, you must see a lot of magnetism, be sure that your light will not fail you, in fact it has given me precise flights, only at night has been my problem.

I guess it must be because of the place where I live, there are many houses together.

To see in the flight I just did, I noticed that at low altitude 5 meters with 10 satellites connected I get orange in the flight log and when I climb to a height of 20mts and the gps is maintained in good condition.

So I think that I rule out that it is the light, I think it is interference from here where I live, because there are many houses very close together and that must be hell for the mavic mini.

Thanks, Th3Dronero. I truly hope it's not the strobe that's causing interference.

There's very little EMI where I live, so strobe will be a good test. It should be here in a few days and I'll report back.

To see in the flight I just did, I noticed that at low altitude 5 meters with 10 satellites connected I get orange in the flight log and when I climb to a height of 20mts and the gps is maintained in good condition.

So I think that I rule out that it is the light, I think it is interference from here where I live, because there are many houses very close together and that must be hell for the mavic mini.

Buildings, structures and trees can block the gps signal

Interference won't have any effect on GPS.
The only thing that does is the amount of sky that's visible to the GPS antenna.
If you have buildings, tree cover etc blocking much of the sky from view, the GPS receiver won't be able to lock onto as many sats.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d