DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dog Sports training suggestions?

uidzero

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello all

Coming back to DJI after a US manufacturer unceremoniously ended their support for consumer/prosumer and went completely US government contract and enterprise... but the one thing I really appreciated about that other model was the fact that using a GPS beacon I could have it track one of my dogs that is going thru Search and Rescue training (specifically open area search).

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to effectively leverage the Mavic 3 Pro in a similar capacity - especially with respect to following and tracking the dog. I've tried ActiveTrack (which of course doesn't really work with pets even when wearing a bright orange vest). But is there another mode that might work (other than trying to pilot in behind him)? Can the mavic pro track the remote and follow that as if it were a beacon? I was wondering if I could get the mavic to follow the controller...

I'm open to any suggestions.. I love the video capability of the Mavic 3 Pro and would love to be able to leverage it for this.

Hello all

Coming back to DJI after a US manufacturer unceremoniously ended their support for consumer/prosumer and went completely US government contract and enterprise... but the one thing I really appreciated about that other model was the fact that using a GPS beacon I could have it track one of my dogs that is going thru Search and Rescue training (specifically open area search).

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to effectively leverage the Mavic 3 Pro in a similar capacity - especially with respect to following and tracking the dog. I've tried ActiveTrack (which of course doesn't really work with pets even when wearing a bright orange vest). But is there another mode that might work (other than trying to pilot in behind him)? Can the mavic pro track the remote and follow that as if it were a beacon? I was wondering if I could get the mavic to follow the controller...

I'm open to any suggestions.. I love the video capability of the Mavic 3 Pro and would love to be able to leverage it for this.
Other than Active Track, Try POI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspyle