DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Conflicted with drone purchase decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with your statement that drones are an expensive hobby. On of my sons recently attended a baseball game in Seattle and paid $90.00 for parking, $8.00 for a bad hot dog, and $15.00 for a beer. I don't know that the ticket cost. All this for an afternoon's entertainment. Comparatively speaking, I think DJI drones and drones in general are a very reasonable hobby.
Yep, $100 for event parking is not unheard of around here.

Another retiree on a budget flying for entertainment. For what you're trying to do, Air 3 seems best bang for buck. Flight time, strong transmission, great camera, most everything better than your M3Pro except that zoom. If you're like me, you'll be much happier with yourself for spending FAR less on an almost perfect drone. Also DJI has had some great sales on the A3 flymore recently, and it's hard to pass up a deal. Use the savings for accessories like filters or something nice for your better half. Enjoy

I know I am going to hear that a lot but since I am a disabled vet on fixed income, the money does have some influence.
Then I would not sit on the sidelines. Look up both of your state senators and send them an email. Let it be known you are disabled vet and doing this for recreation, hobby or side income. Mention that the ban as proposed was sponsored by someone pandering to lobbyists and favoring a company in her state. Mention that if the concern is data gathering from a foreign country, then foreign made wifi routers, phones are a much bigger capability here than a photography drone flown by a disabled vet. I am not disabled, but did write to both of my state senators mentioning I'm not a paid lobbyist by the Chinese, but a US Marine vet who loves to fly my drone for hobby and photography. I got a form letter back initially and wrote a follow up letter. While I'm sure my voice was only one of thousands, I do think together we had an impact and why that language from the house bill was removed from the senate bill. I would write both your senators, and your house rep, to help ensure that language doesn't get put back into the reconciliation bill. Write it in your own words, provide your background. It can only help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluffman2