DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Donaldson's School

jaybee2786

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Donaldson's School was founded in 1851 and was housed in the Donaldson's Hospital Building in West Coates, Edinburgh. The school and building were paid for by Sir James Donaldson (1751–1830), who, for a time, was publisher of the Edinburgh Advertiser.[2] The original benefaction was that there should be 200 boys and 200 girls[3] and allowed for special bursaries for poor children. Not all were deaf, although applications on behalf of deaf children were encouraged. From 1938, pupils were exclusively deaf.[4] This benefaction was similar in style to the benefaction of George Watson, who founded and supported other schools in Edinburgh. In 1938, the Royal Institute for Deaf and Dumb, Edinburgh was merged into Donaldson's School. The Royal Institute for Deaf and Dumb had been founded in 1824 and had been located in Henderson Row, Edinburgh (in a building designed by the architect James Gillespie Graham) and the building then became part of Edinburgh.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fOKhW6NqhHM&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Reactions: sikspy and John235
Wow! Where to even begin? The building is so scary! I can imagine myself as a young, deaf boy entering the walls of that place. Memories of evil, scoldings, beatings, stern headmasters, etc. Straight out of a movie. Your photography was excellent. Nice steady views, no crazy yaws, etc. The film created a definite aura.

I was intrigued by the Sting sound track (excellent choice) and use of the music rights. Was it free or did it cost a lot of money and how did you secure the music rights?

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cambam34