DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Donner Summit - Sierra Nevada Mountains

Here's a little footage I shot up around 7,000ft, at Donner Summit, on the California side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains... Enjoy!

Nice work.

I posted these in another thread, but here are a couple of photos captured while shooting the above video...
a610f514c1917fb6e31db6d5d3ac8c21.jpg
3138f8548dc7a770c06eaf1023ae8d65.jpg

Hey, I have some similar footage but from summertime! Looks much better in winter.

Did you not try flying UNDER the bridge?? [emoji14]

View attachment 30043
I positioned myself on the upper road, and didn't have a clear view for going under it. I have flown under it before - and will again... Just not this time around.

Reactions: br-travel
What was the max Altitude ASL and Outside Air Temps (OAT) when taking these photos. How did your MPP handle and how much flight time did you get from your batteries? I'm asking as I haven't read any altitude reports re the Mavic. I'm presently down close to Sea Level at my home in the SF Bay Area where I bought my MP about 3 months ago but will be returning to my home up at 8,000' ASL in the Rockies in a few weeks where the OAT can get down to minus 25°F and most of my flying is up to 12,000' ASL and flight times are drastically shorter than with my P3P, P4, and Inspire 1V2. My Phantoms fly the same at altitudes but I need to use the high altitude props with my I1V2.

What was the max Altitude ASL and Outside Air Temps (OAT) when taking these photos. How did your MPP handle and how much flight time did you get from your batteries? I'm asking as I haven't read any altitude reports re the Mavic. I'm presently down close to Sea Level at my home in the SF Bay Area where I bought my MP about 3 months ago but will be returning to my home up at 8,000' ASL in the Rockies in a few weeks where the OAT can get down to minus 25°F and most of my flying is up to 12,000' ASL and flight times are drastically shorter than with my P3P, P4, and Inspire 1V2. My Phantoms fly the same at altitudes but I need to use the high altitude props with my I1V2.

My take off point was at 6,962 ASL. I flew several flights, but never exhausted a single battery in one flight, so I don't know how long I would have made it on one battery, as I was cautious, and changed them out a couple of times. The Mavic handled brilliantly. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between flying here, versus at my home, which is around 3,000 ASL. And the weather was perfect. It's usually very windy through Donner Pass - but not on the day I flew. Average wind speed was 4.5mph, with max gusts at 5.8mph (during one of the flights).

Thanks for the flight data Concussion. From reading what you posted I take it that you were using the stock MP 8330 props. After I purchased my MP I purchased and installed the MPP 8331Low Noise Props. They are more like the Inspire High Altitude 1360T Props.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qoncussion
Grew up by there, been in Texas for last 5 years or so, miss the views greatly thanks for the refresh.

P.s. Nice see Nevada city by your avatar, that is where I grew up

Reactions: Qoncussion
Thanks for the flight data Concussion. From reading what you posted I take it that you were using the stock MP 8330 props. After I purchased my MP I purchased and installed the MPP 8331Low Noise Props. They are more like the Inspire High Altitude 1360T Props.
Yep - stock MP props. I've really had zero interest in the low-noise props, as everything has worked perfectly on this craft for a year now ~and I've read sooo many posts with people having issues with them. I changed the props out for a new set when I had 135 miles on the original set. The new set has about 20+ miles on them.

I can’t believe this was filmed using MPP, I am blown away.

I really need to learn how to make cool videos like this. What filter did you use? And how far were from from the furthest point?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi