DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't buy batteries (for Mavic) unless you plan on using them soon.

wxperson

Reactions
I purchased a couple of extra batteries while they were on sale (DJI via amazon) last fall. I did not use them until recently and both of them "died" within a month or so... with different problems. Only 6 uses on one of them.

Since the warranty on the battery is only 6 months I am not able to replace them under warranty.

So.. my advise is in the subject of this post. Don't buy extra batteries unless you need them soon.

I purchased a couple of extra batteries while they were on sale (DJI via amazon) last fall. I did not use them until recently and both of them "died" within a month or so... with different problems. Only 6 uses on one of them.

Since the warranty on the battery is only 6 months I am not able to replace them under warranty.

So.. my advise is in the subject of this post. Don't buy extra batteries unless you need them soon.

Or, alternatively, cycle them at least once a month in the charger to keep them alive indefinitely.

6 months shouldn't be a problem since they will automatically discharge to around 60% after 10 days, and sometime later hibernate.

That's just it. Battery shouldn't discharge further than 20% in 6 months. More likely 40-50%.
Assuming of course it was over that in the first place.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ